Breathing Filters Market is segmented by Type (Mechanical Filters, Electrostatic Filters, and Pleated Hydrophobic Filters), By Application (Anaesthesia, Intensive Care, and Others), by End-User (Kids, and Adults), by Country (United States, Canada, Mexico, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, Russia, China, India, Philippines, Malaysia, Australia, Austria, South Korea, Middle East, Japan, Africa, Rest of World) and Breathing Filters Companies (Medtronic, Draeger, Teleflex, Danaher, Intersurgical, GE Healthcare, Smiths Medical, GVS Group, Westmed, Flexicare, Tuo Ren, Mediplus, WilMarc, and MediteraTıbbi)
Breathing Filters Market was estimated at USD 305.6 million in 2021 and is poised to register gains at over 6% CAGR between 2022 and 2032.
Breathing Filters prevent cross-contamination between patient’s respiratory and anaesthetic equipment, and the clinical environment. There are a number of anaesthetic associations that recommend their use as highly beneficial. The devices are widely used in critical care units, operating rooms, lung function units, and respiratory care units throughout the hospital.
The ongoing technological advancements in the healthcare sector are anticipated to boost up the breathing filter market sales.
The impact of COVID-19 on the world is unprecedented, as we all know. As a result, patients, healthcare providers, and healthcare systems are still recovering from the immunity weakness. Thus, the hospital authorities are taking preventive measures from the very beginning and increasing the use of breathing filters. Further, the adoption of telehealth solutions and other digital health technologies has accelerated and is now at the top of the agenda almost everywhere. Virtual care, however, is more than just moving care out of the hospital. Its about acknowledging that what happens before and after a doctors visit or hospital stay greatly affects our health. Hence, there is a high demand for breathing filters that easy to operate. Technology can contribute to a more holistic and ultimately effective approach to health care. It emphasizes ongoing management of chronic conditions and preventative health strategies as much as providing care to critically ill patients.
The medical treatment of Coronavirus pandemic patients may have been more difficult without breathing filters. Due to the global demand during the pandemic, the supply was disrupted, which resulted in a multiplicity of references. A lack of information was an impediment for pharmacists (buyer, medical devices, intensive care unit), and therefore, it is necessary to revise that training, based on the experience gained during the sanitary crisis. It is possible to classify breathing filters based on the filtration mechanism (mechanical filtration or electrostatic filtration) and by the presence of a humidifying action (Heat and Moisture Exchangers; hydrophobic, hygroscopic, or mixed). Pure mechanical filters are preferred in anaesthesia; heat and moisture exchanger filters or simple filters plus heated humidifiers are used in resuscitation units. The duration of use of filters was increased during the COVID-19 pandemic in order to limit disruption risk.
A sudden rise in respiratory diseases post pandemic across the globe has boosted the demand for breathing filters.
One of the greatest driving factors for the global breathing filters market is the growing rates of chronic respiratory diseases and inflammation due to smoking, working at construction sites, pollution, etc. A surge in the various inflammatory diseases like chronic asthma, bronchitis, emphysema, pneumonia, lung cancer, and other obstructive pulmonary diseases has greatly driven this market as these diseases require deep breathing. Increasing numbers of emergency cases in the hospital also boost the demand for breathing filters. The COVID-19 positive patients suffer from breathing difficulties and hence would require breathing filters.
Ongoing advancements in breathing filters is anticipated to open lucrative opportunities for the market during the forecast period.
The Breathing filters market would clearly see a lot of opportunities coming in, as the manufacturers come with better and more convenient forms of breathing filters. The incorporation of breathing filters and innovative heat, face masks, and tubes for the patient’s ultimate comfort and care would uplift the game for the global breathing filters market. These devices ensure safety and greatly reduces the risk of infection from the environment. The purpose of these breathing filters has gone up to delivering drugs to old patients, infants, and young children. This is clearly a new way of using breathing filters and would definitely boost its sales.
Complexity in the usage of breathing filters may hamper the market growth
There are also various factors that are expected to inhibit its market greatly. One of the biggest reasons could be the use of unidirectional valves. These valves work in a single direction. If the breathing filter gets contaminated with carbon dioxide, it might lead to difficulty in breathing due to the lack of oxygen. These filters are also complex equipment, and operating them is even more complex. This works a great inhibition for their usage. Also, with the increasing popularity of Yoga, among the urban and influential crowd to tackle respiratory ailments, the market of breathing filters might see a low.
Anaesthetic applications of breathing filters are likely to dominate over intensive care applications in the years to come.
A breathing filter serves as a viable alternative for the nasopharynx for its filtering capabilities along with its humidifying and warming functionalities. Filters decline the risk of patients contaminating the air they breathe out. The separation of inspiratory and expiratory gases in intensive breathing systems and breathing systems used for anaesthetic procedures is a vital functionality of filters, which triggers strong demand for them. The type segment is fragmented into the mechanical filter, electrostatic filter, and plated hydrophobic filter, and the application segment being categorized into intensive care, anaesthesia, and others fuels the market growth. The anaesthesia segment is anticipated to hold significant breathing filters market share because of the filter’s capability of effective usage during anaesthetic procedures. The end-user segment is bifurcated into adults and kids, the adult segment is likely to effect steep growth of the market as a result of the rising geriatric population being admitted into hospitals who are in need of immediate supply of oxygen for normalizing the patient’s breathing. Devices function through surgical procedures, from cardiovascular, orthopaedic, nervous system, digestive system, urinary system, to ear, nose, throat and cancer-related operations as well as non-surgical procedures that necessitate airway management for patients with inadequate oxygenation, acute respiratory failure, and intensive care needs. In such cases, the use of filters is a unique measure that ought to be used for risk reduction of cross-infection during anaesthesia and in intensive care, as microbial contamination of the inner surface of breathing systems may lead to cross-infection which may be reduced with the help of breathing system filters, thus generating their demand.
Impact of COVID-19 on the Breathing Filters Market growth:-
• COVID-19 disease started spreading around the world around the beginning of 2020, and major countries around the world implemented foot prohibitions and work stoppage orders as a result. Almost all industries, except for medical supplies and life support products, have been greatly impacted as the demand for numerous medical equipment emerged in bulk. Therefore, the breathing filters sales were affected positively.
• With the emergence of COVID-19 in China at the end of 2019, the growth rate of global economy experienced a decrease of about 4%, and due to this reason, the Breathing Filters market size was surely affected in terms of sales in 2020. However, increasing awareness among consumers helped the market to gain traction in 2021.
• Post-pandemic it is common for patients receiving ventilator assistance to develop respiratory diseases. Breathing filters are widely used in intensive care to prevent ventilator-associated pneumonia, which is mainly caused by a patients own microbial flora. The use of breathing filters reduces the risks of this condition. The use of BSF also reduces the risk of cross infection when more than one patient is using the same breathing system. This enables hospitals to use the breathing system for multiple patients. The increase in demand for breathing system filters can be attributed to this primary reason.
• To develop filters that are more efficient and reliable, manufacturers invest in research and development. There is risk associated with the use of breathing filters. There have been reports of blockages caused by water, secretions, inhalants, and manufacturing faults in past. The market is therefore open to new players.
• During the forecast period, the problems such as sedentary lifestyles, pollution, smoking, overweight / obesity, and aging will contribute to the growth of breathing filters demand. Additionally, governments around the world are investing to improve the health sector, which will fuel demand during the forecast period.
Breathing Filters Market competition is intense.
North America, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle Africa, and the East contribute significantly to the Breathing Filter Market. It is the most critical market in the health industry. The impact of COVID-19 was positive on this market due to the breathing problems, and it contributed extensively to this market. Companies like Honeywell, Medtronic, Armstrong Medical, Flexi care, Matisec, GVS Group, Draeger, West med, and Danaher contribute to the growth of the market, and their net worth increased at a rapid rate. The industry is growing spontaneously; the overall respiratory protective equipment market was USD 6.81 billion in the year 2019. Researchers assessed that CAGR growth would rise to 4.6% during the period 2022 to 2032. Due to the increase in environmental concerns and government policies of air quality control, countries like Mexico and Canada grew at the highest rate.
Years considered for this report
• Historical Years: Available on request
• Base Year: 2021
• Forecast Period: 2022-2032
Breathing Filters Market Research Report Analysis Highlights
• Historical data available (as per request)
• Estimation/projections/forecast for revenue and unit sales (2022 – 2032)
• Data breakdown for application Industries (2022 – 2032)
• Integration and collaboration analysis of companies
• Capacity analysis with application sector breakdown
• Business trend and expansion analysis
• Import and export analysis
• Competition analysis/market share
• Supply chain analysis
• Client list and case studies
• Market entry strategies adopted by emerging companies
Industry Segmentation and Revenue Breakdown
Type Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 - 2032)
• Mechanical Filters
• Electrostatic Filters
• Pleated Hydrophobic Filters
Application Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 - 2032)
• Intensive Care
End-User Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 - 2032)
Country Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 – 2032)
• United States
• United Kingdom
• South Korea
• Middle East
• Rest of the World
Breathing Filters Market companies:
• GE Healthcare
• Smiths Medical
• GVS Group
• Tuo Ren
Available Versions of Breathing Filters Market: -
United States Industry Research Report
Europe Industry Research Report
Asia Pacific Industry Research Report
India Industry Research Report
Alternative Market Terms: Breathing System Filters Market
• Customization can be done in the existing research scope to cater to your specific
requirements without any extra charges* (terms and conditions apply)
• Send us a query to get the Table of Contents and Research Scope along with the research
scope and proposal.
Reach out directly to David Correa at his email: - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please fill in the form below to Request for free Sample Report
Office Hours Mon - Sat 10:00 - 16:00
Send Us Mail email@example.com
© 2018 Market Decipher. All Rights Reserved