Electrical Discharge Machine (EDM) Market is segmented by Type (Die Sinking EDM, Wire Cutting EDM and Small Hole EDM), and by Application (Automotive, Aerospace and Defense, Manufacturing, Healthcare and Others), and by Region (United States, Canada, Mexico, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, Russia, China, India, Philippines, Malaysia, Australia, Austria, South Korea, Middle East, Japan, Africa and Rest of World)
Market Definition / Research Scope
Electrical discharge machining is an advanced technique in which materials are disposed of from a workpiece using thermal energy. EDM does not require mechanical force in the disposal process. The machine removes material from a workpiece using different repeated electrical discharges between devices called electrodes.
Electrical Discharge Machine Market Size shall reach a value of $8.61 Billion in 2031, growing with a CAGR of 8.1% during the forecast period of 2022 to 2031.
Electrical discharge machining is a machining technique mainly used for metals that are very problematic to a machine with conventional techniques. EDM generally works with electrically conductive equipment. Although, strategies have also been formulated for using electrical discharge machining to machine insulating ceramics.
Applications such as producing dies and molds for forging and die casting, as well as components for industries such as automobile, defense, food and beverage, electronics, and medical, are common uses of conventional EDM. In molds and tools making, EDM is very famous because of its applicability, particularly for hard materials or complicated shapes that are difficult to accomplish with milling.
Electrical Discharge Machine (EDM) Market Growth and Trends
Driving factors for the Industry :
• The electrical discharge machine (EDM) is extensively demanded for removal of desired material from any work piece with the help of using electric spark and discharges between electrodes and work piece. It is also extensively used in fabrication purposes; this are the some of major factors to increase the growth and demand for the global industrial electrical discharge machine market.
• Emergenceof industry 4.0 popularly named as smart factory will be considered as the merge between computing and automation this will stimulate the physical processes in manufacturing unit, there by boosting the growth and demand forthe global industrial electrical discharge machine market in near future.
• Adoption od new technological advancement like the concept of industrial internet of thing (IIOT) in various leading manufacturing companies is further likely to accelerate the demand and growth of the global industrial electrical discharge machine market in few years.
• Rapidly growing demand for EDM machines in the automotive industry will boost the demand of these EDM machines as moulding and drilling to be the two of largest application of the automotive sectors industry.
• Rapid production of light vehicles and increased demand for mechanical engineering products along with computerised numerical control (CNC) machines are some of the major factors boosting the growth and demand for the global industrial electrical discharge machine market within forecasted time period.
• Moreover, rapid growth in sales of electrical vehicles and integration of 3D printing technology with EDM is expected to accelerate the growth and demand for the global industrial electrical discharge machine market in few years.
Challenges for the Industry :
• Lack of proper awareness about the features, benefits and usage of electric discharge machines (EDM) among other end-users is projected to restrict the market.
• Lack of skilled labour or workmen without proper training of professionalism along with high power consumption are some of the major factors hindering the global industrial electrical discharge machine market growth within forecasted time period.
Electrical Discharge Machine (EDM) Market Regional Analysis
The United States holds a great proportion of the global market of around 27%. On the other hand, China is growing at the rate of 10.5% of CAGR because of the increased demand by the end-users, mainly automotive, healthcare, defense, and mining industries. In 2022, it was estimated that it had held around the US $1.4 billion and owns around 27.04% share in the electrical discharge market. China is the world second largest country in terms of revenue, and it is estimated to reach US $ 1.8 billion [growing at a rate of 27%] by the year 2031. The European market is also growing at a tremendous rate. It will reach US$ 1.8 billion by 2031. Germany will grow at the rate of 4.4% CAGR. Apart from this Canada, Japan, India, Australia, South Korea, and Italy will hold a significant share in this market. Latin America is estimated to grow at a rate of 7.2% CAGR.
Electrical Discharge Machine (EDM) Market Share and Competition
Key companies operating in this industry are: GF Machining Solutions Management SA., Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, ASTRO MACHINE WORKS, INC, Makino Milling Machine Co. Ltd, Sodick Co., Ltd, CHMER EDM, Kent Industrial USA, Inc., Accutex Technologies Co., Ltd, and JOEMARS MACHINERY & ELECTRIC INDUSTRIAL CO., LTD. Similar industries in this domain that is growing at a high CAGR include Electric Riveter Market and Piezoelectric Materials Market.
Electrical Discharge Machine (EDM) Market Research Report Analysis Highlights
• Historical data available (as per request)
• Estimation/projections/forecast for revenue and unit sales (2022 – 2031)
• Data breakdown for every market segment (2022 – 2031)
• Gross margin and profitability analysis of companies
• Price analysis of each product type
• Business trend and expansion analysis
• Import and export analysis
• Competition analysis/market share
• Supply chain analysis
• Client list and case studies
• Market entry strategy
Industry Segmentation and Revenue Breakdown
Type Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 - 2031)
• Die Sinking EDM
• Wire Cutting EDM
• Small Hole EDM
Application Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 - 2031)
• Aerospace and Defense
Region Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 - 2031)
• United States
• United Kingdom
• South Korea
• Middle East
• Rest of World
Electrical Discharge Machine (EDM) Market Companies
• GF Machining Solutions Management SA.
• Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
• ASTRO MACHINE WORKS, INC
• Makino Milling Machine Co. Ltd
• Sodick Co., Ltd
• CHMER EDM
• Kent Industrial USA, Inc.
• Accutex Technologies Co., Ltd
• JOEMARS MACHINERY & ELECTRIC INDUSTRIAL CO., LTD.
Available Versions: -
United States Electrical Discharge Machine (EDM) Market Research Report
Europe Electrical Discharge Machine (EDM) Market Research Report
Asia Pacific Electrical Discharge Machine (EDM) Market Research Report
India Electrical Discharge Machine (EDM) Market Research Report
Need report on this market for specific region or Country? Or need a customized report as per your need? Want to know discounts as available?
Or Fill the form below "Sample Request Form" with your queries in message box.
Please fill in the form below to Request for free Sample Report
Office Hours Mon - Sat 10:00 - 16:00
Send Us Mail email@example.com
© 2018 Market Decipher. All Rights Reserved