Flywheel UPS Market size shall reach a value of $2x61.4 Million in 2027, growing with a CAGR of 12.13% during the forecast period of 2020 to 2027.
Market Definition / Research Scope
A flywheel UPS is an Uninterrupted Power Supply mechanical device designed to store rotational energy. It is made up of steel rotors that act as its motor foundation. The rotors enable it to convert electrical energy into kinetic energy hence keeping the wheel spinning. It also has a generator that converts the kinetic energy back into electrical energy, and an energy storage system.
A flywheel UPS is used in facilitates to ensure uptime during power disturbances and outages. When power is interrupted, generators can take a while to start up. This is where the UPS comes in to enable a continuous supply of power and make sure that power is never lost.
During an unplanned power outage, an automatic transfer switch (ATS) transfers electrical loads from one power source to another. In UPS-installed facilities, the UPS enables power supply until the generator is ready to take up loads. When the generator is finally turned on, the ATS shifts loads from the UPS to the generator. When the power comes back on, the flywheel UPS goes back to charging so as to replace its stored energy that has been used up.
The amount of energy a flywheel stores is a square of its rotational speed. It is used in manufacturing industries, wind turbines, and in oil and gas industries.
Flywheel UPS Market Growth and Trends
• Flywheels find an extensive employment for energy storage in aerospace and automotive industries. A growth in these industries anticipates an optimal propulsion of the flywheel UPS market in the future.
• Another factor to boost the requirement for flywheel UPS market is the substantial optimization of energy in electronic devices and consistent power supplication in industrial setups. Therefore, both developed and developing nations can expect an eventual and a predicted acceleration in the flywheel UPS market.
• Next, a peaking up production of light and heavy weight vehicles stands in a direct proportion to the development of flywheel UPS market in the forthcoming years.
• The commercial sectors follow the standard protocols of maintaining potential energy backup facility in their companies.
• Finally, industrial and commercial installations all over the world massively depend upon advanced technological improvisations in the automotive sector and digital networking systems.
Challenges to Flywheel UPS Market
The restraints to the development of flywheel UPS market are mentioned hereby:
• Short and limited run-time span.
• Low tensile strength of the equipment.
• Vulnerability to vibrations.
Flywheel UPS Market Regional Analysis
North America contributes to about 78% of the entire global market. Europe comes a distant second, although market experts predict that this region will experience an upsurge in the demand for flywheel ups in the coming years. The main reason for this is the continued advocacy for the usage of clean energy by most European governments. Developing economies in Asia Pacific, particularly India, are touted to experience exponential growth in the flywheel ups market due to growing need to curb the region’s frequent power outage problem. By 2027, there is hope that the market will experience a growth rate of 7.4% CAGR. Companies responsible for this growth include Beacon Power, LLC, Calnetix Technologies, LLC, Piller Group GmbH, Active Power, and Amber Kinetics, Inc.
Flywheel UPS Market Share and Competition
Key companies operating in this industry are: TopABB, Schneider Electric, Active Power (Germany) GmbH, Gmmco (Caterpillar), General Electric, Electronics Representatives Association, Eaton, HITEC ELECTRIC ELEKTRONIK TIC. LTD. STI, VYCON, Mitsubishi Electric Power Products Inc., and ELYTT ENERGY. Other industries in this domain that is growing at a high CAGR include Aircraft Wheel Assembly Market and Two-Wheeler Fuel Injection System Market.
Flywheel UPS Market Research Report Analysis Highlights
• Historical data available (as per request)
• Estimation/projections/forecast for revenue and unit sales (2020 – 2027)
• Data breakdown for every market segment (2020 – 2027)
• Gross margin and profitability analysis of companies
• Price analysis of each product type
• Business trend and expansion analysis
• Import and export analysis
• Competition analysis/market share
• Supply chain analysis
• Client list and case studies
• Market entry strategy
Industry Segmentation and Revenue Breakdown
Application Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2020 - 2027)
• Datacenters (Cloud, Colocation, and Enterprise)
• Medical Imaging
• Industrial Critical Process
• Desalinization plants
• Cogeneration plants
• Uninterruptible power supplies
• Test & Physics laboratories
• Wind turbines
• Aircraft launching systems
Distribution Channel Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2020 - 2027)
• Direct Sales (OEM)
• Indirect Sales (Distributor and Wholesaler)
Industry Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2020 - 2027)
• Oil & Gas
• Aerospace & Defense
• Railway (Metro, Trams, and Commuter trains)
Region Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2020 - 2027)
• United States
• United Kingdom
• South Korea
• Middle East
• Rest of World
Flywheel UPS Market Companies
• Schneider Electric
• Active Power (Germany) GmbH
• Gmmco (Caterpillar)
• General Electric
• Electronics Representatives Association
• HITEC ELECTRIC ELEKTRONIK TIC. LTD. STI
• Mitsubishi Electric Power Products Inc.
• ELYTT ENERGY
Available Versions: -
United States Flywheel UPS Market Research Report
Europe Flywheel UPS Market Research Report
Asia Pacific Flywheel UPS Market Research Report
India Flywheel UPS Market Research Report