Forestry Machinery Market size shall reach a value of $2x61.4 Million in 2027, growing with a CAGR of 12.13% during the forecast period of 2020 to 2027.
Market Definition / Research Scope
Forestry machinery are tools and equipment used in cutting and processing of trees by loggers and foresters. They are efficient in excavation, harvesting, and finishing of a wooded area.
Forestry machinery include;
°Delimbers - there are three methods of delimbing trees; gate, pull through and flail.
Gates are steel structures welded into a grid pattern. A skidder moves trees through gates essentially breaking them off.
Pull through delimbers are horizontal tree processers.
Flail have rotating drums with chains that break off the trees.
°Feller bunchers - only used in cutting, holding and placement as they do not have processing capabilities. They are propelled by wheels or tracks and can be used in thinning and clear cutting.
°Stump grinders - use a rotating cutting disk to remove tree stumps. Have cutter wheels that are controlled by hydraulic cylinders which work in pushing the cutting head through the stump.
°Mulchers - have fixed tooth rotor system or a swinging hammer.
°Yarders - they use cables to pull logs.
°Forwarders - they move felled logs from their stumps to the roadside landing.
°Log loaders - sort and stack logs into piles so as to move them onto transport tracks.
°Harvesters - are cutting and bucking machines.
Forestry machinery is used in agricultural and forestry applications.
Forestry Machinery Market Growth and Trends
Forestry machinery find extensive application in agricultural and farming activities. Farmers and foresters use these equipment to gather forest materials domestic and industrial uses. This includes wood, minerals and herb based products which have excessive utility and advantages across the globe. The market for forest machinery takes a positive trajectory of growth and developing. Reasons supporting this hypothesis are as follows:
• Demands for premium quality wood to construct durable and robust furniture pieces and decorative items continue to expand. In fact, wooden forest products account to 2% of the world’s GDP which is more than 400000 million dollars.
• Next, these equipment engender extensive cultivation to support the agrarian economy which is 2.4 trillion dollars. Farmers and foresters visit the forest to accumulate leaves, twigs, wooden logs etc. for their domestic uses.
• Finally, forestry equipment also promotes environmental concerns and supports the governmental afforestation programs.
Challenges to Forest Machinery Market
Despite key drivers, forest machinery market encounters unfavourable shortcomings such as:
• Deceptive foresters and greedy companies may extract forest products more than the assigned ratio. This may hinder the market for forest equipment if not timely prevented.
Forestry Machinery Market Regional Analysis
Forestry Machinery Market Share and Competition
Key companies operating in this industry are: Deere & Co., Komatsu Ltd., Barko Hydraulics L.L.C., Tigercat International Inc., Caterpillar, Inc., Kesla Oyj, Ponsse Oyj, AGCO Corporation, Kubota Corporation, Rottne Industri AB, and Eco Log Sweden Ab. Other industries in this domain that is growing at a high CAGR include Multi-head Weighing Machines Market and Automatic Numbering Machines Market.
Forestry Machinery Market Research Report Analysis Highlights
• Historical data available (as per request)
• Estimation/projections/forecast for revenue and unit sales (2020 – 2027)
• Data breakdown for every market segment (2020 – 2027)
• Gross margin and profitability analysis of companies
• Price analysis of each product type
• Business trend and expansion analysis
• Import and export analysis
• Competition analysis/market share
• Supply chain analysis
• Client list and case studies
• Market entry strategy
Industry Segmentation and Revenue Breakdown
Machine Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2020 - 2027)
• Swing Machines
• Other Forestry Machinery
Region Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2020 - 2027)
• United States
• United Kingdom
• South Korea
• Middle East
• Rest of World
Forestry Machinery Market Companies
• Deere & Co.
• Komatsu Ltd.
• Barko Hydraulics L.L.C.
• Tigercat International Inc.
• Caterpillar, Inc.
• Kesla Oyj
• Ponsse Oyj
• AGCO Corporation
• Kubota Corporation
• Rottne Industri AB
• Eco Log Sweden Ab
Available Versions: -
United States Forestry Machinery Market Research Report
Europe Forestry Machinery Market Research Report
Asia Pacific Forestry Machinery Market Research Report
India Forestry Machinery Market Research Report