The Genome Sequencing Market is segmented By Product (Consumables, Instrument, Software), By Technology (Next-Generation Sequencing, Microarray, Sanger Sequencing, Polymerase Chain Reaction, Others), By Application (Clinical, Non-Clinical), By End User (Hospitals & Clinics, Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies, Academic & Government Research Institutes, Others) and By Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Rest of South America, Germany, Italy, U.K., France, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, Rest of Europe, Japan, China, India, South Korea, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Rest of Asia-Pacific, Saudi Arabia, U.A.E, South Africa, Egypt, Israel, Rest of Middle East and Africa)
The Genome Sequencing Market was estimated at US$ xx Billion in 2022 and is expected to reach US$ xx Billion by the end of 2032 with a CAGR of 17.5% during the forecast period.
Genome sequencing is the process of mapping and sequencing a persons unique DNA. The term "genome" refers to the complete blueprint of a persons human body. Genome sequencing assists in identifying any significant changes in a persons genes, which are a bundle of DNA, that can cause a disease or increase the chance of disease. Some of the most significant benefits of genome sequencing include low cost, great accuracy and speed, and accurate results even with small sample input. Genome sequencing aids in the discovery of biomarkers, tailored pharmaceutical research, oncology studies, forensics, and other fields. For instance, The Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (IGIB), a CSIR institute, will lead the Genomics for Public Health in India, popularly known as the IndiGen project, in March 2020. It intends to enrol 20,000 Indians in whole genome sequencing over the next few years in order to establish a larger database. The data will be critical in developing know-how, baseline data, and indigenous competence in the rising field of precision medicine.
Pharmaceutical Evolution to Augment Market Growth
Rising cases of infectious diseases and a rise in demand for pharmaceuticals and vaccines that are effective are driving the market. The sudden increase in demand for pharmacological and therapeutic treatments such as vaccinations has also contributed to the rise of the worldwide genome sequencing industry. A thorough analysis of the SARS-CoV-2 viruss genome (RNA) was undertaken, and with government funding, a number of industry participants developed a successful vaccine to prevent the infection. High costs, procedure dependability, and the risk of human fatalities from COVID-19 all played significant roles in recent advancements in genome sequencing, supporting the expansion of the global genome sequencing market throughout the ensuing years. For instance, Government agencies, including the National Institutes for Health in the United States, contributed USD 4435 million to the overall human genome project, which will be used to enhance genome sequencing techniques.
NGS is Reshaping Oncologys Future to Drive Market Growth
There will likely be a huge spur in the cases of cancer, which is anticipated to be favourable news for the oncology markets expansion. The necessity for efficient patient classification is pushing research efforts to find biomarkers and create companion diagnostics as the prevalence of cancer rises. Technology for DNA sequencing has made it possible to research cancer-related disorders in new ways. NGS-driven diagnostics are frequently seen as driving the selection of treatments to improve patient outcomes as targeted medicines become the new standard of care in oncology. Increasing the need for NGS sequencers in cancer research facilities as a result. The successful use of clinical DNA sequencing to identify and treat rare genetic illnesses is likely to support the expansion of the genome sequencing market.
Increasing Use of Advanced Technological Platforms to Support Market Growth
The increasing number of cutting-edge technological platforms and improved genomic tools is one of the main drivers of the global market for genome sequencing. The analysts ability to analyze microbial networks from an endless variety of environments is being accelerated by continuous advancements in faster sequencing methods and diverse approaches to accommodate the enormous amounts of data generated. The market is expanding due to the growing utility of cutting-edge bioinformatics tools, high throughput webbing (HTS) strategies, the recovery of novel pharmaceuticals, and the development of cost-effective inventions like next-generation sequencing (NGS).
High Cost of Genome Sequencing and Side Effects Associated with these Devices will Hamper Market Growth
The scarcity of experienced specialists, as well as growing concerns about the consistency and quality of diagnostic tests, may stymie the expansion of the genome sequencing market. The high cost of building and maintaining a sequencing facility may further impede the market growth.
North America and Asia Pacific Witness an Uproar in the Genome Sequencing Market
The market for genome sequencing is anticipated to be dominated by North America due to the regions growing use of sequencing technology and desire for tailored treatments. Additionally, the introduction of Ancestryhealth, a next-generation sequencing technology in this region that identifies the genes associated with blood disorders, colon cancer, breast cancer, and heart problems, will further boost the market during the projection period. Asia Pacific is expected to have considerable growth in the genome sequencing industry due to strategic moves made by foreign companies to increase their presence due to the large client base.
Top Companies and Recent Strategic Developments
Key players including BGI, Pacific Biosciences, Illumina, Thermo Fisher Scientific, F. Hoffmann-La Roche, and Oxford Nanopore Technology have consolidated the global market. With the introduction of new technology, the market is dynamic and competitive. Several businesses are creating or releasing items, growing their factories, and collaborating with other businesses to enter the market.
• In April 2022, C2i Genomics, a New York-based business, debuted its whole genome minimal residual disease test for treating cancer patients. Using a blood sample of 3 to 4 ml, this Artificial Intelligence (AI) powered application may identify cancer quickly and accurately. The test aids in tracking the evolution of the illness and assessing therapeutic effectiveness for individualised care.
• In May 2022, Deerfield Management and Illumina, Inc. teamed together for a genetically-led approach to find novel medicines and do some development for unmet medical needs. The collaboration intends to use genetic expertise and genomic techniques to hasten the approval of cutting-edge treatments that combine AI and genomics.
• In January 2022, Illumina unveiled Infinity, a new technology that gives contiguous data up to 10 KB that potentially broadens application breath by offering the most comprehensive view of the genome, SNPs (single-nucleotide polymorphisms), structural variations, and indels. The advancement of NGS techniques can improve the accuracy of genomics research, gene regulation, gene study, and comprehension of genomic projects.
• In March 2022, Sengenics declared the i-Ome Protein Array Kit would go on sale. The high-density protein microarrays in the i-Ome Protein Array Kit are slide-based and contain more than 1600 immobilised, full-length, fully folded human proteins.
• In July 2021, 10x Genomics Inc. unveiled their next platform for single-cell analysis, the Chromium X Series, to enable enormously large-scale research at a low cost. The technique reduces the cost of single-cell analysis by 83%, from 12 cents to 2 cents per cell, a significant step toward making genome sequencing generally available.
• In July 2021, Illumina Inc. has committed to re-acquiring GRAIL, a healthcare organisation specialising in multi-cancer early detection, by July 2021. In order to address any potential issues, this purchase is pro-competitive and provides comprehensive structural and behavioural remedies. With Illuminas repurchase of GRAIL, millions of people in the European Economic Area (EEA) will have access to life-saving early cancer screening years earlier. This will prevent tens of thousands of deaths and result in considerable cost savings for the healthcare system.
• In July 2021, QIAGEN and Sysmex Corporation signed a strategic collaboration in July 2021 for global cancer companion diagnostic development and commercialization using NGS and Plasma-Safe-SeqS technology. The alliances goal is to establish collaborations with pharmaceutical firms for the development of cancer therapeutic treatments and to encourage early clinical adoption of ultra-sensitive liquid biopsy companion diagnostics. QIAGEN and Sysmex will launch cancer companion diagnostics solutions in various parts of the world.
• In March 2021, IsoFast Bst Polymerase reagents were introduced by PCR Biosystems for rapid, robust, and sensitive DNA and RNA amplification. This technology allows for quicker results and facilitates DNA and RNA amplification in the field without the need for specialised thermocycling equipment.
• In January 2021, Illumina and Helix OpCo collaborated with help from the CDC to upgrade the US national surveillance infrastructure in order to monitor the emergence and prevalence of emerging SARS-CoV-2 strains. The countrys current surveillance efforts to identify and characterise new SARS-CoV-2 variants will be greatly expanded by the integration of Illuminas sequencing technology and experience with Helixs nationwide COVID-19 testing footprint.
• In October 2020, Cartana, situated in Stockholm, has been purchased by US biotech company 10x Genomics for 425 million SEK.
• In September 2020, QIAGEN bought NeuMoDx Molecular in order to consolidate its position as the market leader in automated molecular testing. QIAGENs portfolio will now offer NeuMoDx automation solutions for medium and high-throughput PCR testing.
Years considered for this report
• Historical Years: 2019-2021
• Base Year: 2021
• Forecast Period: 2022-2032
Genome Sequencing Market Research Report Analysis Highlights
• Historical data available (as per request)
• Estimation/ projections/ forecast for revenue and unit sales (2022 - 2032)
• Data breakdown for application Industries (2022 - 2032)
• Integration and collaboration analysis of companies
• Capacity analysis with application sector breakdown
• Business trend and expansion analysis
• Import and export analysis
• Competition analysis/market share
• Supply chain analysis
• Client list and case studies
• Market entry strategies adopted by emerging companies
Industry Segmentation and Revenue Breakdown
Product Analysis (Revenue, USD Billion, 2022 - 2032)
Technology Analysis (Revenue, USD Billion, 2022 - 2032)
• Next-Generation Sequencing
• Sanger Sequencing
• Polymerase Chain Reaction
Application Analysis (Revenue, USD Billion, 2022 - 2032)
End User Analysis (Revenue, USD Billion, 2022 - 2032)
• Hospitals & Clinics
• Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
• Academic & Government Research Institutes
Region Type Analysis (Revenue, USD Billion, 2022 - 2032)
• North America (United States, Mexico, and Canada)
• Latin America (Brazil & Mexico)
• Europe (Germany, United Kingdom, France, Italy, Spain, Russia, Netherlands, and others)
• Middle East & Africa
• Asia Pacific (China, India, South Korea, Indonesia, Australia, Vietnam, and others)
• Illumina, Inc.
• Thermo-Fischer Scientific
• Agilent Technologies Inc.
• 10X Genomics
• Brooks Life Sciences (Genewiz)
• MACROGEN Inc.
• Pacific Biosciences of California Inc.
• Oxford Nanopore technologies
Available Versions of Genome Sequencing Market Report:
United States Genome Sequencing Market Research Report
Europe Genome Sequencing Market Research Report
Asia Pacific Genome Sequencing Market Research Report
India Genome Sequencing Market Research Report
• Customization can be done in the existing research scope to cater to your specific requirements without any extra charges* (terms and conditions apply).
• Send us a query to get the Table of Contents and Research Scope along with the research proposal.
Fill out the sample request form OR reach out directly to David Correa at his email: -
Please fill in the form below to Request for free Sample Report
Office Hours Mon - Sat 10:00 - 16:00
Send Us Mail firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2018 Market Decipher. All Rights Reserved