Indian Fantasy Sport Market is segmented by Sports Type (Football Kabaddi Basketball Hockey Cricket Others) by Platform (Website Mobile Application) by Demographics (Under 25 years 25-40 years above 40 years) and Region (Northern Region North-eastern Region Eastern Region Central Region Western Region Southern Region. Key Market Players (Dream 11 Halaplay MPL- Mobile Premier League Cricplay Fanfight 11 Wickets.com Zapak BalleBaazi MyTeam11 Rummy Circle MyFab 11 Paytm first game Sports Junki My11Circle Fancy 11 Ftoss Livepools)
India Fantasy Sports Market size is valued at ₹34600 Crore in 2021 and is anticipated to increase at a CAGR of 32% between 2022 and 2032 reckoning around ₹ X crore by 2032.
“Fantasy Sports is an online gaming platform where players manage and draft a virtual team of real professional sports players. Players compete with the fantasy teams of other players over an entire sports league or season. The player that scores the maximum point wins money based on the performance of real professional sports players”. Unlike online gaming fantasy sports cannot be played 24/7 as the time spent on the app is limited to making an individual’s fantasy sports team before the live match starts thus making it a non-addictive form of engagement.
Fantasy sports dominate the world of online gaming
India has the world’s biggest Fantasy Sports market with a user base of over 13 crores. This market is expected to grow further at a CAGR of 32% in the projected period. Cricket is the dominant sport on fantasy sports platforms. Women’s cricket has also gained popularity with the emergence of fantasy sports. The first 12 matches of the 2020 ICC Twenty20 Women’s World Cup generated 4.1 crore viewing hours in the country a 213 percent rise from 2018. In Phase 1 of 2021 India Premier League the fantasy sports industrys user base grew by over 20 lakhs. Prominent players like M.S. Dhoni and Virat Kohli have teamed with official sports leagues like IPL Football leagues and Kabaddi leagues as their fantasy sports partners in fantasy sports platforms such as Dream11 My Team11 Halaplay My11Circle Gamezy etc. This has greatly aided in maintaining the reputation of their apps and websites. From being a niche market to sponsoring the largest T20 cricket league the Indian fantasy sports market has come a long way. It has revolutionized the online gaming experience. Now fans not only participate as passive observers but also form teams and compete with others.
Fantasy Sports in Increasing India’s Sports viewership
Fantasy sports introduced sports fans to sporting events that would not have traditionally gained popularity in India. Fans are watching sports such as kabaddi hockey women’s football and cricket. The exposure to such events on Fantasy Sports platforms is restructuring the sports appetite and viewership of sports fans in the country. On the other hand live-streaming capabilities and the availability of sporting content across traditional and next-generation platforms have further increased user engagement across Fantasy sports platforms. Consistent fan engagement leads to greater viewership and TRP attracting more sponsorships and the overall development of the sports infrastructure. Further the growth in the Indian Fantasy Sports industry is expected to be driven by advancing sporting infrastructure and the popularity of sporting leagues across the country. This growth is also aided by several key environmental factors such as increased media digitization simplified digital payment platforms increased adoption of affordable smartphones and significant global investments in high-speed internet infrastructure.
The Surge in Fantasy Sports Users is Driving the Industry Growth
The number of fantasy sports participants in India has climbed by 700% in the last 10 years while the number of fantasy sports users has increased by 2500%. India offers a diverse selection of sports entertainment from fantasy cricket to fantasy kabaddi. And as a result of their massive potential fantasy sports have sparked tremendous interest in virtual sports among Indian gamers. In addition the mandated lockdown of Covid-19 drastically accelerated the growth of the fantasy sports industry. People were finally able to enjoy more leisure activities at home due to work-from-home laws one of which was playing fantasy sports in their spare time. The gross income earned by the fantasy sports sector in FY2020 was 2470 crores (US$ 340.47 million) while the market size was Rs 920 crore (US$ 131.64 million) in 2019. This suggests that during the COVID-19 lockdown the size increased threefold.
Technological Advancements Propel Market Growth
In India the fantasy sports market growth can be attributed to the immense passion Indian fans have for their games (such as cricket). Technological advancement is another significant aspect of it as the development of internet usability and last running data (4G and now 5G) across India has subsequently helped many passionate individuals in following their love for sports online. With easy accessibility and their unparalleled passion for sports more fans were able to play fantasy sports regularly.
Popularity Among the Young Population Have Fueled the Market
Most Fantasy Sports users in India are between the age of 25 and 40. 25% – 30% of the investments used for participating in these sports come from the pockets of these players. The annual income of more than 70% of the pay-to-play users is more than 3 lakhs per annum. And 75% of the respondents play fantasy sports 3 times a week and 20% of the respondents reported doing so more than five times a week. Over 80% of respondents between the ages of 18-24 and 25-36 played 1-3 times a week while the 37-50 age group is seen to have a much higher engagement rate. Nearly 50% of respondents in the 37-50 age group reported participating in fantasy games more than four times a week.
Growing Competition: Increase in the number of market players
The Indian fantasy game business has begun to thrive in the start-up culture. Cricket is more popular in fantasy gaming than in any other sport. Football kabaddi basketball and other sports followed. There were around ten players in India till 2016. The number of market players has now increased to 150 in total. Dream 11 is a founding member of the Federation of Indian Fantasy Sports (FIFS) and one of Indias most prominent participants in the fantasy sports sector. And several of these players are on the list of those who are effectively pushing industry expansion on their own such as MyTeam 11 Rummy Circle and Ftoss.
Technological Advancement & Advertisement: A Key Strategy for Competitors
• March 2022: India becomes the worlds biggest fantasy sports market with 13 Crore users. Cricket will continue growing at 30 percent CAGR over the next four years and remain the highest contributor to the overall revenue of the fantasy sports industry.
• March 2022 EarnU a crypto-friendly fantasy sports platform has entered the Indian market for the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2022.
• January 2022 Fantasy Sports added Rs 3000 crores to the Indian sports economy in FY21
• June 2022 Fantasy Akhada is finding its niche in Tier II cities and beyond. It was one of the last players to enter the fantasy arena but Fantasy Akhada has been successful in wooing the masses beyond India’s metro cities.
• April 2022 My11Circle developer raises US$75m to develop an Indian fantasy sports platform. Games24x7 has developed several mobile titles for the Indian market and offers daily fantasy games.
• In June 2022 FanClash a two-year-old Indian startup attempted to bring esports such as sleeper hit titles PUBG Mobile COD and DOTA 2 to this fantasy sports world. Investors predicted that this model and the FanClash team will deliver and said that they have poured $40 million of fresh funding into the startup.
Market Report Scope
Historical Years 2018-2021
Forecast Period 2022-2032
Forecast Year (2032) Market Value U.S. $ X Million
Forecast Period CAGR 38%
Years considered for this report
• Historical Years: 2018-2021
• Base Year: 2021
• Forecast Period: 2022-2032
Fantasy Sports Market Research Report Analysis Highlights
• Historical data available (as per request)
• Estimation/projections/forecast for revenue (2022 – 2032)
• Data breakdown for every market segment (2022 – 2032)
• Gross margin and profitability analysis of companies
• Price analysis of each product type
• Business trend and expansion analysis
• Import and export analysis
• Competition analysis/market share
• Supply chain analysis
• Client list and case studies
• Market entry strategy
Industry Segmentation and Revenue Breakdown
• Sports Type Analysis (Revenue USD Million 2022 – 2032)
o Basket Ball
• Platform Analysis (Revenue USD Million 2022 – 2032)
o Mobile Application
• Demographics Analysis (Revenue USD Million 2022 – 2032)
o Under 25 Years
o 25 - 40 Years
o Above 40 Years
Region Analysis (Revenue USD Million 2022 – 2032)
• Northern Region
• North-eastern Region
• Eastern Region
• Central Region
• Western Region
• Southern Region
Key Market Players in Fantasy Sports Market
• Dream 11
• MPL- Mobile Premier League
• 11 Wickets.com
• Rummy Circle
• MyFab 11
• Paytm’s first game
• Sports Junki
• Fancy 11
Available Versions of Fantasy Sports Market Report: -
Global Fantasy Sports Market Research Report
United States Fantasy Sports Market Research Report
Europe Fantasy Sports Market Research Report
Asia Pacific Fantasy Sports Market Research Report
• Customization can be done in the existing research scope to cater to your specific requirements without any extra charges* (terms and conditions apply)
• Send us a query to get the Table of Contents and Research Scope along with the research scope and proposal.
Fill the sample request form OR reach out directly to David Correa at his email: - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please fill in the form below to Request for free Sample Report
Office Hours Mon - Sat 10:00 - 16:00
Send Us Mail email@example.com
© 2018 Market Decipher. All Rights Reserved