The Non-Invasive Cancer Diagnostic Market is segmented By Type (Laboratory Tests or Urine Tests; Genetic Tests; Imaging Tests: Endoscopy, Computerized Tomography, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Nuclear Medicine Scans, X-ray/Mammography, Ultrasound, Spectroscopy; and others), By Technology (Clinical Chemistry, Immunochemistry, Molecular Diagnostics), By Application (Breast Cancer, Lung Cancer, Cervical Cancer, Blood Cancer, Ovarian Cancer, Skin Cancer, Pancreatic Cancer, Colorectal Cancer, Solid Tumours, Others), By End Users (Hospital, Diagnostic Centres, Others), and By Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Rest of South America, Germany, Italy, U.K., France, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, Rest of Europe, Japan, China, India, South Korea, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Rest of Asia-Pacific, Saudi Arabia, U.A.E, South Africa, Egypt, Israel, Rest of Middle East and Africa)
The Non-Invasive Cancer Diagnostic Market was estimated at USD 104.8 Billion in 2021 and is expected to reach USD 293.5 Billion by the end of 2032 with a CAGR of 7.19% during the forecast period.
The Non-Invasive Cancer Diagnostic Market involves tests and procedures to confirm the presence of the disease, and identification of the correct tumour type, location, extent, and stage, with no incision of the body. The techniques used by Oncologists are categorized into invasive or minimally invasive and non-invasive. Invasive cancer diagnosis, commonly termed as a painstaking cancer diagnosis, or minimally invasive cancer diagnosis techniques include laboratory tests (blood test) and biopsy, while non-invasive cancer diagnosis, referred to as unintrusive cancer diagnosis techniques comprises several techniques, including biomarkers, changes in molecular biology, genetic structure, physical exam, spectroscopy, laboratory test (urine test) and other imaging diagnosis techniques. Advancements in the biotechnology sector have enabled the development of non-invasive cancer diagnosis for the early detection of cancer.
Rising prevalence of cancer and the dire need for early detection with painless technique offering precise diagnosis: Key Market Drivers
Cancer today is one of the most common causes of death worldwide and as per the World Health Organization (WHO), it is estimated that around 10 million people died due to cancer in 2020. One of the primary reasons for the high mortality is associated with delayed treatment, which severely compromises the chances of survival. As a result, early detection, screening, and precise cancer diagnosis are critical. For many years, tissue biopsy has been considered the gold standard for cancer diagnosis but owing to the invasive nature, biopsies cannot be repeated frequently to assess disease progression or monitor the therapeutic outcome. In some cases, a biopsy cannot be performed because the affected tissue/organ is not amenable to undergo such a painful and traumatic procedure. This has resulted in a significant unmet need for safer and more patient-friendly cancer diagnostics. The penetration of technologically advanced laboratory equipment has enhanced oncological screening in providing accurate results. The geriatric population which is continuously rising is more prone to chronic diseases such as cancer. This is projected to boost the demand for cancer diagnosis. As the prevalence of cancer rises, so does the demand for these screening tests and imaging modalities used to track disease development, causing massive growth in the global non-invasive cancer diagnostics market.
Advances In the Biotechnology Sector Will Lead to the Expansion Of The Market
Several advanced approaches are not only non-invasive/minimally invasive but also outweigh the limitations posed by invasive diagnostic procedures. Liquid biopsy has emerged as a promising non-invasive cancer diagnostic tool that analyzes biofluids (blood, urine or plasma) to detect rare cells and biomarkers such as circulating tumour cells (CTCs), circulating tumour DNA/RNA (ctNAs) or exosomes. Moreover, liquid biopsies are capable of not only analyzing the tumour state at the time of sample extraction but can also monitor and track changes in tumour genetics over the course of treatment. In addition to liquid biopsy, the market is gradually witnessing the emergence of several other non-invasive diagnostic technologies that exploit skin lesions, bronchial fluid and exhaled breath as samples to trace signatures of cancer. These tests use gene expression profiles, biomarker analysis, volatile organic compound detection and other advanced techniques of molecular genetics to identify a particular cancer indication. Many liquid biopsy kits and systems are being developed for non-invasive diagnosis, prognosis, and patient and recurrence monitoring of different cancer indications. The market for non-invasive cancer diagnostics and technologies is dominated by the soaring number of breast cancer and cervical cancer in women and prostate cancer in men, followed by the rising number of lung cancer and skin cancer patients.
Easy to Perform and Lower Cost Features Propel Imaging Test Segment
The cost of management and treatment of cancer is a growing concern considering its highly progressive and fatal nature. Performing a biopsy includes costs associated with the equipment, the cost of the procedure itself, consultation fees, hospital fees, costs of analytical tests and costs associated with post-operative care. To manage this financial burden, the introduction of novel non-invasive techniques, such as ultrasound, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Computerized Tomography (CT), Positron Emission Tomography (PET), X-ray/mammography, and liquid biopsy, which are cost-effective and more accurate, has become an indispensable necessity. The imaging test segment held the largest global non-invasive cancer diagnostics market share in 2021. Hence, an increasing number of cancer patients are opting for painless imaging tests to diagnose and monitor cancer progression. The urine test segment is likely to dominate the global non-invasive cancer diagnostics market owing to the rise in the adoption of the urinalysis test to check for traces of blood, bacteria, or abnormal cells in the urine in cancer or bladder cancer diagnosis cases.
Surge In the Use of Rebuilt Diagnostic Imaging Challenges Market
Due to high costs and budgetary constraints, many hospitals in developing nations are unable to invest in diagnostic imaging equipment. However, due to the high demand for diagnostic imaging procedures in these countries, the hospitals that can’t afford to purchase new and advanced imaging systems prefer to use rebuilt imaging systems. This is a huge challenge for the cancer diagnostics market growth during the forecast period.
North America Dominates the Market Owing to Strong Medical Ecosystem
North America holds the leading position in the global non-invasive cancer diagnostics market owing to the focused oncology research efforts for the development of early tumour detection techniques, together with grants from government healthcare organizations, increasing presence of several biotechnologies and medical device businesses and high adoption of new technologies are helping to build a robust medical environment in this region to battle cancer. Europe accounts for the second largest share on account of well-developed healthcare care infrastructure, per capita healthcare expenditure, high awareness, and literacy rate. High research and development, large funding options and the presence of skilled technicians are some of the major influencers for the market growth in this region. Intensifying geriatric population in Europe also supports the growth of the market. Asia Pacific is also flourishing due to medical tourism, increasing awareness, and investment in private diagnostic centres. This is due to the presence of a huge patient population, a well-defined regulatory system that favours fast product approvals, and the availability of qualified personnel at a reduced cost.
Top Companies and Recent Strategic Developments
The market is primarily led by start-ups/small companies, such as CellMax Life, Celsee Diagnostics, Datar Genetics, DiaDx, EONE-DIAGNOSTICS Genome Center, Exosome Sciences, iCellate Medical, Inivata, IVDiagnostics, LCM Genect and MDNA Life Sciences. It also has the presence of mid to large-sized pharma players; notable companies include Biocartis, Counsyl, Foundation Medicine, Genomic Health and NeoGenomics Laboratories.
• In October 2022, DermTech and Sonora Quest Laboratories Expand Access to Innovative Melanoma Detection Test, which uses a non-invasive Smart Sticker™ to lift skin cells from the surface of a patient’s skin to be tested for select genomic markers associated with melanoma.
• In October 2022, Cleveland Diagnostics, Inc., a commercial-stage biotechnology company developing next-generation diagnostic tests for the early detection of cancers, announced that its lead product, IsoPSA, for prostate cancer, is valuable even in cases where biopsy histology and radiology may not accurately reflect the current biology of disease.
• In October 2022, Tata Steel’s new materials business signed a technology transfer agreement with IIT Roorkee for a breath-based cancer detector, in an endeavour to make the non-invasive early-stage cancer diagnosis an affordable reality.
• In October 2022, RadNet, Inc.’s joint venture, New Jersey Imaging Network (NJIN), acquired the outpatient radiology assets of Montclair Radiology, the owner of six imaging centres in northern New Jersey and aims to offer high-quality, lower cost, and convenient services as an alternative to more expensive hospital-based imaging, strengthening its position as a provider of outpatient imaging in northern and central New Jersey
• August 2022, researchers have developed a novel type of contact lens that can capture and analyze tears for the detection of exosomes, which have the potential for being diagnostic cancer biomarkers
• In July 2022, Unilabs Sweden partnered with Subtle Medical, a healthcare technology company using artificial intelligence for faster and higher quality MRI, to improve the quality and efficiency of their MRI imaging.
Years considered for this report
• Historical Years: 2019-2021
• Base Year: 2021
• Forecast Period: 2022-2032
Non-Invasive Cancer Diagnostic Market Research Report Analysis Highlights
• Historical data available (as per request)
• Estimation/ projections/ forecast for revenue and unit sales (2022 - 2032)
• Data breakdown for application Industries (2022 - 2032)
• Integration and collaboration analysis of companies
• Capacity analysis with application sector breakdown
• Business trend and expansion analysis
• Import and export analysis
• Competition analysis/market share
• Supply chain analysis
• Client list and case studies
• Market entry strategies adopted by emerging companies
Industry Segmentation and Revenue Breakdown
Type Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 - 2032)
• Laboratory Tests (Urine Test)
• Genetic Tests
• Imaging Tests
• Computerized Tomography
• Magnetic Resonance Imaging
• Nuclear Medicine Scans
Technology Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 - 2032)
• Clinical Chemistry
• Molecular Diagnostics
Application Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 - 2032)
• Breast Cancer
• Lung Cancer
• Cervical Cancer
• Blood Cancer
• Ovarian Cancer
• Skin Cancer
• Pancreatic Cancer
• Colorectal Cancer
• Solid Tumours
End User Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 - 2032)
• Diagnostic Centres
Region Type Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 - 2032)
• North America (United States, Mexico, and Canada)
• Latin America (Brazil & Mexico)
• Europe (Germany, United Kingdom, France, Italy, Spain, Russia, Netherlands, and others)
• Middle East & Africa
• Asia Pacific (China, India, South Korea, Indonesia, Australia, Vietnam, and others)
• CellMax Life
• Celsee Diagnostics
• Datar Genetics
• EONE-DIAGNOSTICS Genome Center
• Exosome Sciences
• iCellate Medical, Inivata
• LCM Genect
• MDNA Life Sciences
• Biocartis, Counsyl
• Foundation Medicine
• Genomic Health
• NeoGenomics Laboratories
Available Versions of Non-Invasive Cancer Diagnostic Market Report:
The United States Non-Invasive Cancer Diagnostic Market Research Report
Europe Non-Invasive Cancer Diagnostic Market Research Report
Asia Pacific Non-Invasive Cancer Diagnostic Market Research Report
India Non-Invasive Cancer Diagnostic Market Research Report
• Customization can be done in the existing research scope to cater to your specific requirements without any extra charges* (terms and conditions apply).
• Send us a query to get the Table of Contents and Research Scope along with the research proposal.
Fill out the sample request form OR reach out directly to David Correa at his email: -
20% Free Customization ON ALL PURCHASE
*Terms & Conditions Apply
Please fill in the form below to Request for free Sample Report
Office Hours Mon - Sat 10:00 - 16:00
Send Us Mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Market Decipher is a market research and consultancy firm involved in provision of market reports to organisations of varied sizes; small, large and medium.
© 2018 Market Decipher. All Rights Reserved