The Plasma Sterilizers Market is segmented By Temperature (Low-temperature, High-temperature), By Chamber Capacity (<100 L, 100-200 L, > 200 L), By Application (Sterilization, Disinfection, and Others), By Source Gas (Hydrogen Peroxide Gas, Oxygen Gas, Nitrogen Gas, Others), By End User (Hospitals & Clinics, Ambulatory Surgery Centers, Others) and By Region (United States, Canada, Mexico, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, Russia, China, India, Philippines, Malaysia, Australia, Austria, South Korea, Middle East, Japan, Africa, Rest of the World).
The Plasma Sterilizers Market was estimated at USD XX Million in 2021 and is expected to reach USD XX Million by the end of 2032 with a CAGR of 7.14% during the forecast period.
“Plasma is often referred to as the fourth state of matter, it is an ionized gas with an equal number of positive and negative chargers. Plasma sterilization is an oxidation process, where the plasma initiates a chemical process that deactivates all microorganisms. All medical and scientific devices cannot be sterilized using a steam sterilizer, as complicated and technologically advanced devices are most likely to get affected by the high temperature and humidity of steam sterilizers. Thus, plasma sterilizers are selected which use low temperatures to sterilize the medical devices to maintain their properties”. The increasing awareness of benefits associated with plasma sterilizers, the increase in the number of hospital beds, and intensive care units, the expansion of isolation facilities that escalated due to Covid-19, and the increasing exports and imports of medical instruments are the major factors expanding the global plasma sterilizers market size during the forecast period.
Gas plasma sterilization is widely used for the inactivation of a wide range of microorganisms present on surgical/medical instruments. Different types of gases such as oxygen, nitrogen, hydrogen peroxide, helium, and neon are used as a source of plasma, different plasma production methods are applied for the elimination or inactivation of microorganisms. Plasma sterilization can be performed either at a low temperature or at a high temperature, depending on the requirement. It facilitates the sterility assurance level (SAL) of 10–6 and this method offers high material and functional capability. Plasma sterilization provides several advantages over traditional sterilization methods, as it is a safe, non-toxic, time-saving, more rapid, energy-efficient, and non-thermal method. It does not leave any chemical residues on instruments. Furthermore, it serves as an alternative to traditional sterilization methods such as autoclaving, gamma ray, electron beam, dry heating, and chemical method.
An Increase In HAIs Is Driving The Market For Plasma Sterilizers
A huge increase in the number of HAI cases in hospitals and other healthcare settings, especially during the COVID-19 surge has boosted the demand for Plasma Sterilizers. Additionally, the rise in the number of surgeries performed, stringent regulatory mandates for infection control, and growth in healthcare facilities are the other factors driving the market for plasma sterilizers.
Hydrogen Peroxide Gas Segment To See High Growth Rate
Hydrogen peroxide sterilizers have a low-temperature sterilizer process commonly used for sterilizing medical devices. It is a new sterilization technology for temperature-dependent medical devices. The hydrogen peroxide gas segment holds a substantial market share and the trend is expected to continue throughout the forecast period as it leaves no chemical residues, has a short aeration time, is safe to handle, and is safe for the environment.
High Costs And Stringent Government Norms Are Driving The Market Down.
The high costs associated with plasma sterilizers, the availability of non-branded products in the market, and stringent government regulations for the approval process are the key factors restraining the market growth for plasma sterilizers. A lack of sterilization capability for liquids, powders, and absorbents as well as requiring the load to be packaged in specific synthetic materials are other factors expected to be the major hindrance to the growth of the global plasma sterilizers market.
North America is anticipated to dominate the global plasma sterilizers market during the forecast period
It is backed by the increasing number of hospitalizations in the region. The research shows that approximately 10% of American citizens were hospitalized at least once in 2021. Furthermore, advancements in technology, the existence of a large number of key players, the demand for sterilization technologies, an increasing geriatric population, a growing number of diseases, and a rise in healthcare expenditures are some other factors driving the plasma sterilizers market in the North American region. Approximately 4.2% of the US GDP ($4.3 trillion) went towards healthcare in 2021, according to a report by the Centres for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
The market in the Asia Pacific region is projected to expand with the highest growth rate during the forecast period, this is primarily due to the rapid expansion of healthcare infrastructure in countries such as India, China, South Korea, and Malaysia. An increase in the number of multinational hospital chains, and a rise in the demand for low-temperature plasma sterilizers for temperature-sensitive medical devices and instruments are also driving the plasma sterilizers market in this region.
Key Market Players:
Companies are focusing on strategies such as new product launches, divestiture, mergers & acquisitions (M&A), and partnerships to strengthen their position in the market. Some companies currently dominating the market are Antonio Matachana, S. A., ASP Global Manufacturing GmbH, Cisa Production S.r.l. Unipersonale, Getinge AB, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., HUMAN MEDITEK CO., LTD., Steelco S.p.A., STERIS plc, VitroSteril, H.W. Andersen Products Ltd.
• In June 2022, the new SMART 60L top-loading autoclaves introduced by Priorclave are available with pre-defined advanced features as standard. These allow customers to buy a compact, fully featured research-grade laboratory autoclave at a more competitive price and one capable of handling a wider range of loads (including mixed loads), automatically producing drier loads as standard.
• In May 2022, CAST, a startup specializing in microplasma technology utilizing oxygen or air, is presenting an eco-friendly sterilization solution that improves energy efficiency and enhances stability by increasing electron density compared to the existing plasma method. It has been developing a technology that converts oxygen in the air into a plasma to generate ozone and radicals. These are used for sterilizing space, removing odors, and sterilizing agricultural products, swimming pools, and drinking water.
• In April 2022, Getinge AB partnered with International Finance Corporation (IFC) to help increase access to medical equipment across Africa. The International Finance Corporation (IFC) partnered with medical technology suppliers across the world in an initiative called the Africa Medical Equipment Facility (AMEF) to help small- and medium-sized healthcare providers in East and West Africa secure local-currency loans to purchase or lease needed medical equipment. Getinge has joined this initiative, and thereby created better opportunities for medical clinics and hospitals in Africa to obtain and service medical equipment, including devices that are essential for life-saving surgeries and administering intensive care. This initiative helps patients and medical staff by ensuring the supply of critical equipment where it is urgently needed.
• In February 2022, Cisa Production S.r.l. reopened its branch in the U.S. Cisa America Inc., and appointed Fabio Mazzucchelli as Life Sciences Global Director. With this, the company has increased its focus on the washing and sterilization market for laboratory applications as well as continued its business operations. The company is striving to expand and maintain its customer base across the U.S.
• In June 2021, STERIS plc acquired Cantel Medical, a global provider of infection prevention products and services to endoscopy, dental, dialysis, and life sciences customers. This acquisition will enable the company to accelerate progress on Cantel 2.0 initiatives and drive enhanced value for the company’s shareholders and the healthcare providers and systems which the company supports. STERIS and Cantel are a perfect strategic fit, and the combination is complementary to STERIS’s product and service portfolio focused on infection prevention. In January 2021, STERIS signed a definitive agreement to acquire Cantel Medical through a U.S. subsidiary. With this acquisition, the company strives to extend its product and service offerings, global reach, and customers.
• In May 2020, A new company called Plasmapp developed small gas plasma sterilizers that are fast, affordable, and can be placed in any size clinic. Moreover, they don’t require special training or certifications to operate.
Years considered for this report
• Historical Years: 2019-2021
• Base Year: 2021
• Forecast Period: 2022-2032
Plasma Sterilizers Market Research Report Highlights
• Historical data available (as per request)
• Estimation/ projections/ forecast for revenue and unit sales (2022 - 2032)
• Data breakdown for application Industries (2022 - 2032)
• Integration and collaboration analysis of companies
• Capacity analysis with application sector breakdown
• Business trend and expansion analysis
• Import and export analysis
• Competition analysis/market share
• Supply chain analysis
• Client list and case studies
• Market entry strategies adopted by emerging companies
Industry Segmentation and Revenue Breakdown
Temperature Type Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 - 2032)
Chamber Capacity Type Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 - 2032)
• <100 L
• 100-200 L
• > 200 L
Application Type Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 - 2032)
Source Gas Type Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 - 2032)
• Hydrogen Peroxide Gas
• Oxygen Gas
• Nitrogen Gas
End User Type Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 - 2032)
• Hospitals & Clinics
• Ambulatory Surgery Centres
Region Type Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 - 2032)
• United States
• United Kingdom
• South Korea
• Middle East
• Rest of the World
• STERIS plc
• CISA production srl
• Scican Ltd.
• RENOSEM Co. Ltd
• Johnson & Johnson
• Bionics scientific technologies (p) ltd.
• BIOBASE Group
• Tuttnauer, H.W. Andersen Products Ltd
• Hanshin Medical
• Meise Medizintechnik,
• Heal Force
Available Versions of Plasma Sterilizers Market Report:
The United States Plasma Sterilizers Market Research Report
Europe Plasma Sterilizers Market Research Report
Asia Pacific Plasma Sterilizers Market Research Report
India Plasma Sterilizers Market Research Report
• Customization can be done in the existing research scope to cater to your specific requirements without any extra charges* (terms and conditions apply).
• Send us a query to get the Table of Contents and Research Scope along with the research proposal.
Fill out the sample request form OR reach out directly to David Correa at his email: -
Please fill in the form below to Request for free Sample Report
Office Hours Mon - Sat 10:00 - 16:00
Send Us Mail email@example.com
© 2018 Market Decipher. All Rights Reserved