Shipboard Incineration Market is segmented by Type (Horizontal and Vertical), and by Application (Passenger Ships, Tankers, Fishing Boats, Cargo Ships, Boats, and Other), and by Region (United States, Canada, Mexico, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, Russia, China, India, Philippines, Malaysia, Australia, Austria, South Korea, Middle East, Japan, Africa and Rest of World)
Shipboard Incineration Market size shall reach a value of $2x61.4 Million in 2027, growing with a CAGR of 12.13% during the forecast period of 2020 to 2027.
Market Definition / Research Scope
Shipboard incineration is the process of burning waste generated in a ship by a ship furnace called an incinerator. It provides an efficient way of getting rid of solid or liquid waste on-board a ship. The International Marine Organization regulates waste destruction in ships and allows for incineration of food waste, paint peelings, contaminated water, sludge, rags, cardboard, wood, etc. The organization however prohibits incineration of heavy metals like lead and zinc, glass, aerosol cans, some packaging materials, etc.
Incinerator factors to be considered include capacity for sludge oil burning, capacity for solid waste burning and purpose of the incinerator, whether its for sludge oil, solid waste, or both. An incinerator consists of a combustion chamber, sludge burning equipment and a control panel.
Shipboard incineration burns waste products and converts them into disposable ash, flue gas and heat. This incineration is a form of thermal treatment. Heat produced from burning of waste to produce steam is used to generate electricity through a process called Waste-to-Energy.
Shipboard incineration is highly useful as it reduces pollution, decreases amount of waste, reduces odors in the ship, is efficient in waste management and the burned waste can be used to power the ship.
Shipboard Incineration Market Growth and Trends
• Shipboard incineration equipment is more trustworthy and reliable if compared to their alternative sterilization appliances.
• A recent upsurge in strict government guidelines has resulted in massive sludge deposits on board.
• In addition to the above, MAPROL Annex 5 regulation which mandates the disposal of waste materials outside the sea is a benefactor to the hike in the global demand of shipboard incineration market.
• Also, the MAPROL regulation necessitates the in-house presence of shipboard incineration within the ship premises, thus catalyzing the demand for this mechanical equipment.
• Next, the superbly growing marine industry anticipates engendering a sturdy amplification of the shipboard incineration market.
• The peaking up requirement for shipboard incineration becomes all the more essential due to the presence of massive and bulky oil rags within the ship. This is mainly because these oil storages can easily catch fire if not kept under proper supervision.
• In the end, the rise in export and import of medical equipment and their mounting within the ship premises are likely to enhance the market for shipboard incinerations.
Challenges to Shipboard Incineration Market
Despite being a boon to the marine industry and affiliated fields, shipboard incineration market isn’t free to potential threats such as:
• The mechanical installation of shipboard incineration machines could impact heavily on the pocket. This owes to their high installation and maintenance expenditure.
• Furthermore, their smooth and unhindered installation is the need of the hour to stipulate an impeccable development in the ship incineration market.
Shipboard Incineration Market Regional Analysis
While the market share for the shipboard incineration market is divided across five different regions globally, North America holds the largest share. Its dominance of this market is due to the existence of established manufacturers in the United States. The Asia Pacific region is bound to grow its shipboard incineration market significantly by 2027. In this region, India and China are expected to spearhead the growth of this market as China is the major exporting country across the globe. The main players in this market include Fuente International, China Deyuan Marine Fitting Co., Ltd, ATLAS INCINERATORS ApS, Hansun (Shanghai) Marine Technology, and Desarrollo Técnicas Industriales De Galicia S.A.
Shipboard Incineration Market Share and Competition
Key companies operating in this industry are: DESARROLLO TÉCNICAS INDUSTRIALES DE GALICIA S.A., Fuente International, ACS, Inc., TeamTec AS, China Deyuan Marine Fitting Co., Ltd., INCINER8 Limited, ECOservice-NEFTEGAZ, Alfa Laval, ATLAS INCINERATORS ApS, Hansun (Shanghai) Marine Technology, Evac, Scanship Environmental AS, Kangrim Heavy Industries, Mavi Deniz Environmental Protection Co., and Wärtsilä Corporation. Other industries in this domain that is growing at a high CAGR include Wafer Shippers and Carriers Market and Shipbuilding Market.
Shipboard Incineration Market Research Report Analysis Highlights
• Historical data available (as per request)
• Estimation/projections/forecast for revenue and unit sales (2020 – 2027)
• Data breakdown for every market segment (2020 – 2027)
• Gross margin and profitability analysis of companies
• Price analysis of each product type
• Business trend and expansion analysis
• Import and export analysis
• Competition analysis/market share
• Supply chain analysis
• Client list and case studies
• Market entry strategy
Industry Segmentation and Revenue Breakdown
Type Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2020 - 2027)
Application Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2020 - 2027)
• Passenger Ships
• Fishing Boats
• Cargo Ships
Region Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2020 - 2027)
• United States
• United Kingdom
• South Korea
• Middle East
• Rest of World
Shipboard Incineration Market Companies
• DESARROLLO TÉCNICAS INDUSTRIALES DE GALICIA S.A.
• Fuente International
• ACS, Inc.
• TeamTec AS
• China Deyuan Marine Fitting Co., Ltd.
• INCINER8 Limited
• Alfa Laval
• ATLAS INCINERATORS ApS
• Hansun (Shanghai) Marine Technology
• Scanship Environmental AS
• Kangrim Heavy Industries
• Mavi Deniz Environmental Protection Co.
• Wärtsilä Corporation
Available Versions: -
United States Shipboard Incineration Market Research Report
Europe Shipboard Incineration Market Research Report
Asia Pacific Shipboard Incineration Market Research Report
India Shipboard Incineration Market Research Report
Please fill in the form below to Request for free Sample Report
Office Hours Mon - Sat 10:00 - 16:00
Send Us Mail firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2018 Market Decipher. All Rights Reserved