Submerged Arc Welding Market size shall reach a value of $x Million in 2027, growing with a CAGR of 9.7% during the forecast period of 2020 to 2027.
Market Definition / Research Scope
Submerged arc welding is a wire-fed process mainly used with carbon steels, stainless steels, and some nickel alloys. A blanket of powdered flux develops a slag and a protective gas shield for the weld zone. The arc is submerged under the flux blanket and is not generally noticeable during welding. Submerged arc welding is generally utilized in semi-automatic or automatic mode. The process is typically restricted to the horizontal-fillet or flat welding positions.
Submerged arc welding is typically used in industries where long welds are required or where thick steel sheets are included. The process comprises the creation of a welded joint between steel components with the use of an electric arc submerged under a sheet of powdered flux.
The submerged arc welding process is greatly used in heavy industrial applications in different industries such as wind tower, shipbuilding, pressure vessel, rail car fabrication, and offshore oil rig welding.
Submerged Arc Welding Market Growth and Trends
• Growing demand for submerged arc welding in various construction sectors due to high productivity and efficiency of the submerged arc welding market in the manufacturing processes in various end-user industries, thereby driving its’ growth.
• Leading market players are concentrating on upgrading technologies to meet the new changing needs of users and consumers pertaining to safety, durability, and reliability of steel components which in turn is increasing the demand for submerged arc welding equipment.
• Increasing construction activities across the world is anticipated to drive the demand for submerged arc welding with high quality structural steel.
• Owing to rapid industrialisation, chemical and pharmaceutical industries are heavily demanding for processed food which has boosted the food & beverage industry, due to which there is a rise in the demand for submerged arc welding pipes from these industries.
• The growth of the mining and construction sector industry has augmented the demand for submerged arc welding pipes.
• Technological advancements in terms of methodologies as well as equipment have been implemented by leading vendors to increase their profitability, while diminishing their overall operating costs, including welding information management systems and welding automation, in order to sustain in the highly competitive environment and boost market growth.
• Furthermore, rise in attractiveness of lean manufacturing is encouraging organizations to improve the overall work process and productivity of welding operations leading to an overall growth of the market.
• Automotive is anticipated to be the most prominent segment of the global submerged arc welding market. Market share of the end-user segment is expected to increase in the near future, estimated to maintain its leading position in the global submerged arc welding market during the forecast period.
• Increase in demand for submerged arc welding equipment in various end-user industries in major economies such as India, China, and Japan due to rising population and rapid industrialisation of construction sectors has propelled the submerged arc welding market in Asia Pacific
• However, advent of new technologies in the global market has also been a challenging factor which include the increase in popularity of laser welding technology in manufacturing industries , which is expected to hamper the adoption of submerged arc welding. Laser welding technology is one of the prominent and notable applications of laser that is gaining importance and momentum among users. In components manufacturing, laser welding process is utilized with minimal thermal distortion with efficiency and at a fast rate.
• Adoption of polyvinylechloride (PVC) ,other polymeric pipes and improvement of ERW (Electric Resistance Welding) pipes might obstruct the growth of submerged arc welding pipes in the global market by acting as a better alternative.
Submerged Arc Welding Market Regional Analysis
Submerged Arc Welding Market Share and Competition
Key companies operating in this industry are: Colfax Corporation, DAIHEN Corporation, Illinois Tool Works Inc., Kjellberg Finsterwalde Plasma und Maschinen GmbH, and Lincoln Electric Holdings, Inc. Similar industries in this domain that is growing at a high CAGR include Arc Flash Protection Market and Copper Magnet Wires Market.
Submerged Arc Welding Market Research Report Analysis Highlights
• Historical data available (as per request)
• Estimation/projections/forecast for revenue and unit sales (2020 – 2027)
• Data breakdown for every market segment (2020 – 2027)
• Gross margin and profitability analysis of companies
• Price analysis of each product type
• Business trend and expansion analysis
• Import and export analysis
• Competition analysis/market share
• Supply chain analysis
• Client list and case studies
• Market entry strategy
Industry Segmentation and Revenue Breakdown
Type Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2020 - 2027)
• Semi-automatic Submerged Arc Welding
• Automatic Submerged Arc Welding
End-user Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2020 - 2027)
• Aerospace & Defense
Region Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2020 - 2027)
• United States
• United Kingdom
• South Korea
• Middle East
• Rest of World
Submerged Arc Welding Market Companies
• Colfax Corporation
• DAIHEN Corporation
• Illinois Tool Works Inc.
• Kjellberg Finsterwalde Plasma und Maschinen GmbH
• Lincoln Electric Holdings, Inc.
Available Versions: -
United States Submerged Arc Welding Market Research Report
Europe Submerged Arc Welding Market Research Report
Asia Pacific Submerged Arc Welding Market Research Report
India Submerged Arc Welding Market Research Report