Epileptic Seizures Treatment Market is segmented By Type Outlook (Repetitive Seizures, Status Epilepticus, Convulsive Status Epilepticus, Non-convulsive Status Epilepticus, Others); By Therapeutic Outlook (Midazolam, Alprazolam, Diazepam, Lorazepam, Phenytoin, phenytoin, Others); By End-use Outlook (Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, Online Pharmacies); By Generation Outlook (First Generation, Second Generation, Third Generation); By Route of Administration Outlook (Oral/Buccal, Rectal, Nasal, Parenteral); By Regional Outlook (North America (U.S., Canada), Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Nordic Region, Rest of Europe), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, ASEAN, Rest of Asia Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Rest of Latin America), Middle East & Africa (GCC, South Africa, Rest of the Middle East & Africa)
The Epileptic Seizure Treatment Market was valued at US $1.5 billion in 2022 and is projected to reach US $2.03 billion by 2032, growing at a CAGR of 4% during the forecast period.
A seizure happens due to a sudden uncontrolled electrical disturbance in the brain. It causes changes in one’s behavior, movement, or feelings. An epileptic seizure is treated by anti-epileptic medication (AEDs), diet therapy, and surgery. Apart from medication and surgery, there are potential therapies that offer alternatives for treating epilepsy such as Vagus nerve stimulation, Ketogenic diets, and Deep brain stimulation. The Healthcare sector has been relentlessly putting in efforts to increase the range of treatment in the epileptic seizure treatment market, particularly for low and middle-income countries that have a high number of epilepsy cases.
Increased Focus on Providing Seizure-free Life to fuel Innovations: Key Driving Factor
Over the past few decades, a number of alternative treatment options have been developed apart from conventional strategies to treat epileptic seizures such as brain stimulation, vague nerve stimulation, and the adoption of the ketogenic diet. A considerable number of improvements have been made to epilepsy diagnosis and treatment due to the high focus on providing a seizure-free life. For example, stereotactic radiosurgery has slowly gained the spotlight as a feasible, effective, and ideal minimal invasive epileptic seizure treatment. MRI-guided laser ablation is another such alternative treatment that is expected to gain noticeable adoption in the upcoming years and boost the growth of the market for epileptic seizure treatment. With regular advancement in the surgical front, the epileptic seizure treatment markets growth is supposed to be steady even during the forecast period. With many factors already booting the market growth, one factor is that researchers and medical experts are increasingly collaborating with each other in order to improve the current state of the epileptic seizures market. Another instance being is a range of wearable seizure detectors that have been developed which help to detect the seizure activities of the individual. These devices are likely to help minimize unexpected deaths that were caused by unexpected seizures hence it will boost the demand for epileptic seizure treatment.
The Development of New Vaccines and Drugs to Increase the adoption of Existing Epileptic Seizures Treatments stimulates the Market
Epileptic seizure affects individuals from all age groups, although it’s been found that the total number of cases is marginally higher in men as compared to women. The dominance of focal seizures is higher than that of generalized seizures in children and adults. The low to middle-income groups prevails more epileptic seizures thus increasing the demand for epileptic seizure treatment in developing countries. Some drives for the high need for epileptic seizure treatment in developing countries are acute symptomatic seizures, misdiagnosis, and lack of advanced medical infrastructure. Along with the considerable rise in the number of research and development activities, the global epileptic seizure treatment market is on course to surpass the US$ 1.9 Billion mark by the end of 2030.
High Costs Will Hinder Potential Growth of Epileptic Seizure Treatment Market
Almost 80% of epileptics reside in low- and middle-income nations. Technical advancement, new developments, and the emergence of epilepsy therapeutic methods in developing nations become the factor to obstruct the epileptic seizure treatment market. With many alternatives being present in the market besides drugs and surgery patients in the developing nation opt for cheaper options so which challenges the growth of the epileptic seizure treatment market.
R&D and M&A are Creating Opportunities for the Companies in the Epileptic Seizure Treatment Market
With extensive research and development companies are getting more exposure to new opportunities, as it serves as the base for enhanced epilepsy therapies, boosting effectiveness, efficiency, and pharmacokinetics compared to the already existing market goods. For the medication to be more tolerable, effective, and have fewer adverse effects companies are developing antiepileptic medication to thrive in the epileptic seizure treatment market. Developing innovative medicines, gaining regulatory approvals, launching new products, cooperating and building partnerships, participating in acquisitions and mergers, and generating profit-making possibilities all of these are all strategies by participants in the market in order to rank their position in the epileptic seizure treatment market. With ongoing discoveries and improvements, the market is being driven into the epilepsy treatment market. One example is that practitioners are using Art Therapy for epilepsy to help patients understand their thoughts and feelings through creating, painting, and sketching, which is gaining recognition across the global market for epileptic seizure treatment.
North America holds the dominant position in the growing demand for Epileptic Seizure Treatment Market
The global epileptic seizure treatment market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. And in 2019 North America dominated the global market for epileptic seizure treatment during the forecast period. It is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 2.5% during the forecast period to reach an estimated value of over USD 2,500 million by 2024. Increased healthcare infrastructure and an increase in epilepsy patients make the United States the regions largest Epilepsy Treatment Market. In 2020, around 470,000 children and 3 million adults in the United States had active epilepsy, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. There are numerous groups in the United States who promote awareness of epilepsy. For instance, Epilepsy Awareness Day, also known as Purple Day, is held on March 26 to promote public knowledge of brain illness and to reduce the stigma and fear associated with it. Therefore, the US does have a bright future in the epileptic seizure treatment market.
Top Companies and Recent Strategic Developments in the Epileptic Seizure Treatment Market
The leading players in the epileptic seizure treatment market are using strategies such as the introduction of innovative products to gain an upper hand over the other competitors.
Some of the key developments in the epileptic seizure treatment market include:
• In January 2020, the U.S. FDA approved Neurilis, Inc.’s Valtoco (diazepam nasal spray) U.S. A new seizure medicine designed to treat periods of frequent seizures or cluster seizures.
• In January 2019, Xenon Pharmaceuticals Inc. in collaboration with NGCS, Inc. initiated a clinical study on the drug, XEN1101 for the treatment of focal epilepsy to evaluate the clinical efficiency, and safety of XEN1101.
• In October 2019, Eisai Co., Ltd announced that they received a new drug approval for its in-house discovered and developed anti-epileptic drug (AED) from China National Medical Products Administration (NMPA)
• In August 2019, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories launched a generic anti-epileptic Vigabatrin powder for oral solution in the U.S. market.
• In November 2020, SK Life Science, Inc. announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved XCOPRI (carbamate tablets) for the treatment of partial-onset epileptic seizures in adults.
• In August 2021, in an agreement signed between Yuyu Pharma and Novartis Korea, Yuyu obtained the exclusive distribution rights for three prescription drugs, including Tegretol, a medication containing the drug carbamazepine used to treat diseases including epilepsy.
• In February 2021, A leading provider of remote diagnostics and monitoring, BioTelemetry, Inc., was purchased by Koninklijke Philips N.V.
Years considered for this report
• Historical Years: 2019-2022
• Base Year: 2021
• Forecast Period: 2022-2032
Epileptic Seizure Treatment Market Research Report Analysis Highlights
• Historical data available (as per request)
• Estimation/ projections/ forecast for revenue and unit sales (2022 - 2032)
• Data breakdown for application Industries (2022 - 2032)
• Integration and collaboration analysis of companies
• Capacity analysis with application sector breakdown
• Business trend and expansion analysis
• Import and export analysis
• Competition analysis/market share
• Supply chain analysis
• Client list and case studies
• Market entry strategies adopted by emerging companies
Epileptic Seizures Treatment Market Segmentation and Revenue Breakdown
By Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 -2032)
• Repetitive Seizures
• Status Epilepticus
• Convulsive Status Epilepticus
• Non-convulsive Status Epilepticus
By Therapeutic Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 -2032)
By End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 -2032)
• Hospital Pharmacies
• Retail Pharmacies
• Online Pharmacies
By Generation Outlook (Revenue, UDB Million, 2022 -2032)
• First Generation
• Second Generation
• Third Generation
By Route of Administration Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 -2032)
By Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 -2032)
• North America (U.S., Canada)
• Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Nordic Region, Rest of Europe)
• Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, ASEAN, Rest of Asia Pacific)
• Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Rest of Latin America)
• Middle East & Africa (GCC, South Africa, Rest of the Middle East & Africa)
• Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Limited
• Phoenix Medical Systems (P) Ltd.
• Inspiration Healthcare Group Plc.
• Natus Medical Incorporated
• Utah Medical Products Inc.
• GE Healthcare
• Dragerwerk AG & Co.KGaA
• Cardinal Health
• Koninklijke Philips N.V.
• Mead Johnson & Company, LLC
Available Versions of Global Epileptic Seizure Treatment Market Report:
The United States Epileptic Seizure Treatment Market Report
Europe Global Epileptic Seizure Treatment Market Report
Asia Pacific Epileptic Seizure Treatment Market Report
India Global Epileptic Seizure Treatment Market Report
• Customization can be done in the existing research scope to cater to your specific requirements without any extra charges* (terms and conditions apply).
• Send us a query to get the Table of Contents and Research Scope along with the research proposal.
Fill out the sample request form OR reach out directly to David Correa at his email: -
Please fill in the form below to Request for free Sample Report
Office Hours Mon - Sat 10:00 - 16:00
Send Us Mail email@example.com
© 2018 Market Decipher. All Rights Reserved