The Haemorrhoid Treatment Devices Market is segmented By Device (Rubber Band Ligators, Infrared Coagulators, Proctoscopes, Anoscopes, Doppler Probes, Cryotherapy Devices, Bipolar probes, Others), By Procedure (Rubber Band Ligation, Sclerotherapy, Infrared Coagulation, Electrocoagulation, Hemorrhoidal Artery Ligation, and Recto Anal Repair (HAL-RAR)), By End Users (Hospitals & Clinics, Ambulatory Surgery Centers, Others), and By Region (United States, Canada, Mexico, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, Russia, China, India, Philippines, Malaysia, Australia, Austria, South Korea, Middle East, Japan, Africa, Rest of the World).
The Haemorrhoid Treatment Devices Market was estimated at USD XX Million in 2021 and is expected to reach USD XX Million by the end of 2032 with a CAGR of 7.14% during the forecast period.
“Hemorrhoid is a gastrointestinal disorder mostly affecting adults, also known as piles. Hemorrhoids are caused due to the swelling of veins near the anal tissue. Usually, the tissue acts as a cushion; however, strain due to obesity or pregnancy puts pressure on these veins, leading to swelling and consequently forming hemorrhoids inside or outside the anal region. The patient suffers from painless bleeding during bowel movement, itching and irritation on the anal side, swelling of anal veins, pain, and discomfort, and formation of lumps near the anus, which is sensitive and painful. A hemorrhoid is classified into internal hemorrhoid and external hemorrhoid. The hemorrhoid treatment devices reduce procedure time and also provide easy access to the target site for optimal patient safety". The affordability of non-invasive procedures is expected to fuel the growth of the market in the forecast period. The USA leads the market and accounts for the largest share in 2021. This is, owing to the existence of medical device companies and the rising prevalence of diseases along with increased adoption of treatment by patients.
According to Market Decipher the hemorrhoid treatment devices market is forecasted to grow at a steady pace due to the rising prevalence rate of chronic diarrhea. Secondly, the growing adoption of a sedentary lifestyle and poor fiber intake in the diet is also a major factor leading to the growth of the market. Rising expenditure on the development of healthcare infrastructure and an upsurge in cases of chronic constipation are other factors leading to market growth. The market is segmented by type, procedure, area of use, and region.
China is driving growth in the Asia Pacific Region
North America is the market leader in the Haemorrhoid Treatment Devices Market. According to data published by the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive Kidney Diseases, in America 10.4 million Americans suffer from hemorrhoids. Over 1 million new cases are reported every year. The rise in cases is expected to propel the market in the region. Other factors that propel market growth in this region are the presence of major market players, developed healthcare infrastructure, high awareness, and availability of advanced treatment options.
The Asia-Pacific region is expected to grow at the fastest rate during the forecast period due to the increasing per capita spending on health care, the aging population base, and the development of the healthcare industry. Furthermore, owing to the presence of key manufacturers and vendors of hemorrhoid treatment devices in the Asia Pacific region like Zhengzhou Safute Electronic Equipment Co., Ltd., and Wuxi Shenkang Medical Instrument Equipment Co. Ltd. which belong to China, it is also expected to propel the growth of the Haemorrhoid Treatment Devices Market in this region. These companies produce various hemorrhoid treatment devices such as anorectal physical therapy devices, SAFUTE surgery devices, sigmoid colon, and Haemorrhoid disease treatment devices.
High Obesity Rate and Constant Increases in Health Expenditure are driving market growth
The increasing incidence and prevalence of hemorrhoid disease in the USA and the high obesity rate in countries with higher consumption patterns, especially in the Middle East have vastly increased the demand for the treatment of hemorrhoid disease. On the other hand, the constant increase in the health expenditure of countries all across the Asia-Pacific region and Europe, coupled with better insurance coverage in countries that have lagged in the pharmaceutical industry for years is also a major factor boosting the growth of the hemorrhoid treatment device market.
The High Cost of Treatment and Lack of General Awareness are Restraining the Growth In The Market
The high cost of treatment that is involved with the procedure acts as a huge barrier in the hemorrhoid treatment device market, especially for countries with low disposable income and low HDI. Lack of general awareness about the market and low consumption economies due to lack of basic facilities such as healthcare, education, and social media/ internet penetration further act as a barrier to the development of the market.
Product recall is also a major challenge, which hampers the global hemorrhoid treatment device market. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recalled Ultroid Technologies Hemorrhoid Management System (UHMS) device kits and procedure packs, including Ultroid disposable sterile probes, because they were not designed and manufactured according to quality assurance procedures.
Hospitals & Clinics Account for The Largest Market Share
Hospitals are the preferred destination for treatment owing to the presence of better healthcare facilities and advanced technology. Rising cases of hemorrhoids would ultimately accelerate the growth of the hospitals & clinics segment. Collaboration between hospitals and healthcare companies coupled with the rapid expansion of hospitals & clinics is accelerating the growth of the market. Increased funding by governments across the globe for healthcare infrastructure alongside the presence of novel healthcare infrastructure in developed economies is positively influencing the growth of the market.
Key Market Players:
The Hemorrhoid Treatment Devices Market is splintered and comprises several major players. In terms of market share, a few major players are dominating the market. Some companies currently dominating the market are Boston Scientific Corporation, Medtronic Plc, Cook Medical, DePuy Synthes (Johnson & Johnson), Integra LifeSciences Corporation, CONMED Corporation, Medline Industries, Inc, Surkon Medical Co., Ltd, Sklar Surgical Instruments, and Privi Medical.
• In February 2022, a clinical trial by the State Scientific Centre of Coloproctology, Russian Federation, was conducted on treating hemorrhoids with a 1940nm laser procedure. These clinical trials will increase the product pipeline in the future.
• In January 2022, Cook Medical launched a medical device manufacturing facility in Indianapolis. The USD 15 million, 40,000 sq. foot facility will begin production in the first quarter of 2022.
• In November 2022, Citius Pharmaceuticals Announces Efficacy and Safety Data for its I/ONTAK (E7777) Phase 3 Study for the Treatment of Hemorrhoids to be Presented at the 64th American Society of Hematology (ASH) Annual Meeting.
• In June 2022, ProNova Partners, the U.S.-based mergers and acquisitions firm, was permitted to assist in the sale of all rights to manufacture and sell a patented, painless, non-invasive device to eliminate hemorrhoids
• In January 2018, Privi Medical received U.S. FDA clearance for Instalief, a drug-free device that provides convenient and immediate cold relief in hemorrhoid treatment without the risk of side effects
• In January 2020, De Scalene launched a device called Cryocure. The device is available at affordable rates and helps in stopping the bleeding from anal blood vessels
Years considered for this report
• Historical Years: 2019-2021
• Base Year: 2021
• Forecast Period: 2022-2032
Haemorrhoid Treatment Devices Market Research Report Highlights
• Historical data available (as per request)
• Estimation/ projections/ forecast for revenue and unit sales (2022 - 2032)
• Data breakdown for application Industries (2022 - 2032)
• Integration and collaboration analysis of companies
• Capacity analysis with application sector breakdown
• Business trend and expansion analysis
• Import and export analysis
• Competition analysis/market share
• Supply chain analysis
• Client list and case studies
• Market entry strategies adopted by emerging companies
Industry Segmentation and Revenue Breakdown
Device Type Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 - 2032)
• Rubber Band Ligators
• Infrared Coagulators
• Doppler Probes
• Cryotherapy Devices
• Bipolar probes
Procedure Type Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 - 2032)
• Rubber Band Ligation
• Infrared Coagulation
• Hemorrhoidal Artery Ligation and Recto Anal Repair (HAL-RAR)
End User Type Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 - 2032)
• Hospitals & Clinics
• Ambulatory Surgery Centers
Region Type Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 - 2032)
• United States
• United Kingdom
• South Korea
• Middle East
• Rest of the World
• Boston Scientific Corporation
• Medtronic Plc
• Cook Medical
• DePuy Synthes (Johnson & Johnson)
• Integra LifeSciences Corporation
• CONMED Corporation
• Medline Industries Inc
• Surkon Medical Co. Ltd
• Sklar Surgical Instruments
• Privi Medical.
Available Versions of Haemorrhoid Treatment Devices Market Report:
The United States Haemorrhoid Treatment Devices Market Research Report
Europe Haemorrhoid Treatment Devices Market Research Report
Asia Pacific Haemorrhoid Treatment Devices Market Research Report
India Haemorrhoid Treatment Devices Market Research Report
• Customization can be done in the existing research scope to cater to your specific requirements without any extra charges* (terms and conditions apply).
• Send us a query to get the Table of Contents and Research Scope along with the research proposal.
Fill out the sample request form OR reach out directly to David Correa at his email: -
20% Free Customization ON ALL PURCHASE
*Terms & Conditions Apply
Please fill in the form below to Request for free Sample Report
Office Hours Mon - Sat 10:00 - 16:00
Send Us Mail email@example.com
Market Decipher is a market research and consultancy firm involved in provision of market reports to organisations of varied sizes; small, large and medium.
© 2018 Market Decipher. All Rights Reserved