Marine Steering Gear Systems Market size shall reach a value of $2x61.4 Million in 2027, growing with a CAGR of 12.13% during the forecast period of 2020 to 2027.
Market Definition / Research Scope
Marine steering gear systems are the equipment in a ship that enable it to turn to the left port side or to the right starboard side. It is basically the turning mechanism found in each ship no matter its method of operation, size or type. The systems function only when the ship is in motion and not when its stationary.
Marine steering gear systems are either fully hydraulic, electrohydraulic or fully electric hydraulic. During turning, the helmsman turns the steering wheel towards the port until the rudder indicator has turned to the required degree.
The marine steering gear system is made up of three parts; telemotor, control unit and power unit. The telemotor has a transmitter and a receiver. The transmitter is found on the navigation bridge as a wheel which transmits an order to the receiver by turning steering wheel. The receiver conveys the order to the control unit.
The control unit links the telemotor with the power unit. On receiving the telemotor signal, it operates the power unit until another signal is received to stop operation. The power unit consists of movers like diesel engine, steam engine, or electric motor and the rudder. They are applied in the marine sector.
Marine Steering Gear Systems Market Growth and Trends
Steering gear systems feature as an indispensable component of marine transportation. A multi-component devices to cater the propulsion of a ship, these systems monitor the entire ship mechanics on-board. The market for this equipment has been on the mast since time immemorial. The potent reasons for this are mentioned hereby:
• High efficiency of marine steering gear systems stimulate their development market.
• Hydro power plants employ an active utility of marine steering gears. It comprises alarm control networks both at onshore and offshore spaces.
• Additionally, these technologically advanced systems curtail the duration needed for installation which eventually limits the overall weight of the ship.
• Next, Naval cargos immensely utilize these systems, which eventually amplifies their global demand.
• At the end, the prime components of marine steering gear systems find application in the transformation of a ship’s direction. The main parts include a power apparatus and a telemotor which engenders an optimal operative dynamics for a ship’s navigation.
Challenges to Marine Steering Gear Systems Market
The pertinent shortcomings of marine steering gear systems market are:
• Vulnerability to accidents in case of the malfunctioning of the marine steering gears. This may lead to a heavy damage to the marine vessel, the navy staff and other passengers.
• Oil leakages
• Steering gears generate cause tremendous noise pollution.
• Manual steering in case of automated propulsion failure.
Marine Steering Gear Systems Market Regional Analysis
Marine Steering Gear Systems Market Share and Competition
Key companies operating in this industry are: Brusselle Carral Marine, Data Hidrolik, Jastram Engineering Ltd., KATSA OY, KONGSBERG, Mjr Corporations, Nufoss Services Pte Ltd., Palmarine, Remontowa, Rolls-Royce plc, SKF, Sandfirden Technics, ShipFever , Wärtsilä, Wills Ridley Ltd.
Marine Steering Gear Systems Market Research Report Analysis Highlights
• Historical data available (as per request)
• Estimation/projections/forecast for revenue and unit sales (2020 – 2027)
• Data breakdown for every market segment (2020 – 2027)
• Gross margin and profitability analysis of companies
• Price analysis of each product type
• Business trend and expansion analysis
• Import and export analysis
• Competition analysis/market share
• Supply chain analysis
• Client list and case studies
• Market entry strategy
Industry Segmentation and Revenue Breakdown
Steering System Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2020 - 2027)
• Rotary vane type system
• Ram type
• Single motor system
Devices Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2020 - 2027)
• Hunting gear
• Buffer spring
• Angle adjusting stop (Hand over position limit switch)
• Double shock valve
• Relief valve
• Tank level alarm (oil)
• Over load alarm
Power Source Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2020 - 2027)
Region Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2020 - 2027)
• United States
• United Kingdom
• South Korea
• Middle East
• Rest of World
Marine Steering Gear Systems Market Companies
• Brusselle Carral Marine
• Data Hidrolik
• Jastram Engineering Ltd.
• KATSA OY
• Mjr Corporations
• Nufoss Services Pte Ltd.
• Rolls-Royce plc
• Sandfirden Technics
• Wills Ridley Ltd.
Available Versions: -
United States Marine Steering Gear Systems Market Research Report
Europe Marine Steering Gear Systems Market Research Report
Asia Pacific Marine Steering Gear Systems Market Research Report
India Marine Steering Gear Systems Market Research Report