Solar Power Meters Market size shall reach a value of $2x61.4 Million in 2027, growing with a CAGR of 12.13% during the forecast period of 2020 to 2027.
Market Definition / Research Scope
Solar energy is harvested using; Photovoltaic Technology (PT) that directly converts light to electricity; Concentrating Solar Power(CSP) which uses the suns heat and Solar Heating & Cooling (SHC) systems.
Solar power meters are also known as pyranometers. They are used to measure solar flux density. They give accurate and precise measurements of solar radiation as they have a good spectral range, orientation and angular detection. They can calculate efficiency, energy and placement of solar systems. They help to survey, inspect, and monitor solar panel sites for installation purposes. Measurements are automatic and the meters are durable and less costly.Rising demand for renewable energy and rooftop installations has increased demand.
Types of solar power meters are;
°Feed-in meter - it is owned by the grid system operator and must be calibrated at regular intervals.
°Power meter - it is always there.
Bi-directional - it is a combination of feed-in and power meters. It can be used in replacement of the power meter.
PV meter - it measures the generated solar power from the solar pv system.
Net meter - the plant operators feed electricity they do not need back to the grid system and credit it to the solar system owners for it.
Applications are in metrology, construction, automotive, agriculture and hospitals.
Solar Power Meters Market Growth and Trends
Solar power meters are electronic devices to measure the solar radiation influx density. Scientifically known as pyrometers, these instruments record the transmission of solar energy from the natural rays of the sun to domestic and industrial solar heating appliances. Their demand has fostered over a period of time and the reasons accounting for this substantial demand are mentioned hereby:
• First and foremost, a rapid industrialization across the world has boosted their potential demand. This is mainly because most of the heat-based industries use solar energy for their mechanical propulsion.
• Solar power industry has a net value of more than 52.5 billion dollars and it amounts to a total of 3% of the worldwide energy generation.
• In addition, adoption of these devices in construction activities enhances their forthcoming market.
• Solar energy features, technologically equipped, safe and sustainable source of energy for the fuelling of solar meters, photovoltaic cells, eater heaters and domestic appliances. It also incurs a low cost of maintenance.
• Finally, many developed nations prefer solar enabled automotive due to an alleviation in the fluid income of their potential customers.
Challenges to Solar Power Meters Market
Apart from positive factors, here are the negative notions which may form an obstacle to their future market:
• Expensive installation of solar power plants despite their low maintenance charges.
• Lack of awareness among citizens from underdeveloped nations or people belonging to low income groups.
• Solar energy is a whether dependent source of energy and thus, it can only be harnessed during the day.
• Some studies also associate it with photovoltaic pollution which may decline their upcoming demand.
Solar Power Meters Market Regional Analysis
Solar Power Meters Market Share and Competition
Key companies operating in this industry are: Meco Instruments Pvt. Ltd., FLIR Systems, Inc., Amprobe, Megger, HT Italia S.r.l., Fluke Corporation, Canstar Blue Pty Ltd, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, PCE Deutschland GmbH, Omega Engineering Inc., ATP Instrumentation., and Jaycar Electronics.
Solar Power Meters Market Research Report Analysis Highlights
• Historical data available (as per request)
• Estimation/projections/forecast for revenue and unit sales (2020 – 2027)
• Data breakdown for every market segment (2020 – 2027)
• Gross margin and profitability analysis of companies
• Price analysis of each product type
• Business trend and expansion analysis
• Import and export analysis
• Competition analysis/market share
• Supply chain analysis
• Client list and case studies
• Market entry strategy
Industry Segmentation and Revenue Breakdown
Product Type Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2020 - 2027)
• Net meter
• Bi-directional meter
• Dual meter
Type Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2020 - 2027)
Distribution Channel Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2020 - 2027)
• Direct sales
• Indirect sales
Application Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2020 - 2027)
• Solar radiation measurement
• Physics and optical laboratories
Components Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2020 - 2027)
• Solar Light Sensor
End-user Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2020 - 2027)
Region Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2020 - 2027)
• United States
• United Kingdom
• South Korea
• Middle East
• Rest of World
Solar Power Meters Market Companies
• Meco Instruments Pvt. Ltd.
• FLIR Systems, Inc.
• HT Italia S.r.l.
• Fluke Corporation
• Canstar Blue Pty Ltd
• Pacific Gas and Electric Company
• PCE Deutschland GmbH
• Omega Engineering Inc.
• ATP Instrumentation.
• Jaycar Electronics
Available Versions: -
United States Solar Power Meters Market Research Report
Europe Solar Power Meters Market Research Report
Asia Pacific Solar Power Meters Market Research Report
India Solar Power Meters Market Research Report