The Tablet Market is segmented By Product (Detachable Tablet, Slate Tablet), By Screen Size (Below 8”, 8” and above), By Operating System (Android, iOS, Windows), By Application (Education, Work, Entertainment, Others) and By Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Rest of South America, Germany, Italy, U.K., France, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, Rest of Europe, Japan, China, India, South Korea, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Rest of Asia-Pacific, Saudi Arabia, U.A.E, South Africa, Egypt, Israel, Rest of Middle East and Africa)
The Tablet Market was estimated at US$ xx Billion in 2022 and is expected to reach US$ xx Billion by the end of 2032 with a CAGR of 12.4% during the forecast period.
A tablet is a type of electronic device that typically has a touchscreen interface, a mobile operating system, and a rechargeable battery. Instead of the mouse and keyboard found on bigger computers, the touchscreen display is controlled by finger or stylus motions. Tablets can be used for online gaming, entertainment, work computing, smart business, leisure, and other activities. They benefit from wireless internet and local area networks.
Dramatic Shifts in Consumer Usage Habits are Likely to Drive Growth in the Global Tablet Market
Tablet device preferences among consumers have recently undergone a paradigm shift. Tablets were initially utilised for entertainment purposes, but as technology advanced, they gained appeal in a number of applications, changing consumer usage patterns. Tablets are currently utilised for a variety of purposes in a variety of industries, including education, business, personal, and commercial. Furthermore, tablet designs have evolved significantly in response to consumer demand, with features such as lightweight devices and improved screen resolution and size, augmented graphics for gaming and video streaming, and apps to enable bill payment or syncing with other electronic devices for control and monitoring all lead to the high demand for tablets globally. Furthermore, the introduction of new enhanced models with lucrative features to escalate the worldwide tablet market growth
Smart Gadgets are in High Demand in the Military Sector to Augment Global Tablet Market
Nowadays, a lot of nations invest the majority of their defence budgets in cutting-edge technology that may be used in challenging conditions. Due to their resistance to vibrations, temperature changes, shocks, water resistance, and other reasons, rugged tablets are in high demand in the military industry. The defence industries of several nations work together with private companies that produce robust tablets and devices. Businesses specialise in creating durable devices for the defence industries of various nations. These are the main factors propelling the global market for tablets.
Innovations in Tablet to Support Market Growth
Emerging technology trends in the market such as the development of retina display tablets, kindle, and waterproof tablets are expected to significantly boost market growth over the forecast period. Retina displays have a high resolution and pixel density, which enhances the image and color quality along with displaying more information on the screen. Furthermore, cutting-edge technology features including miniaturization, gesture recognition, and increased battery life, as well as appealing design and flexible screen are driving the market. Various operating systems, including Android, iOS, Linux, and Windows, are supported by tablets and are used by various businesses. The combination of key players technical expertise and new players’ novel product techniques ensures the launch of new products with enhanced functionalities.
The Availability of Better Substitutes will Hamper Market Growth
The popularity of "phablets," a hybrid tablet and phone, among consumers is predicted to slow tablet adoption in the near future. Tablets lack significantly more modern features than hybrid PCs, which combine a notebook PC and a tablet and offer features like external keyboards, lightweight designs, and improved power efficiency. Its anticipated that rising demand for these gadgets would, to some extent, restrain market expansion. Additionally, the worldwide tablet markets growth is anticipated to be constrained by rising demand for smartphones, which have features similar to those of tablets, such as broader screens, cutting-edge operating systems, and relatively lighter weights.
North America and Asia Pacific Witness an Uproar in the Tablet Market
North America dominates the Tablet market because the growing tablet use by non-traditional end-users such as restaurants, education, and healthcare is likely to flourish the markets growth rate in this region. Additionally, demand is being driven up by the increasing usage of tablet applications to improve educational institutions. Table-top tablets are used in restaurants to display menus and allow customers/patrons to place meal orders and pay bills. The presence of Apple Inc in the United States makes the region the worlds largest market for tablet computers. Asia-Pacific is expected to grow during the forecast period due to the rising investments in the creation of tablets with improved features, the expanding use of e-learning, and the rising use of the remote working model will propel the markets growth rate in this region.
Top Companies and Recent Strategic Developments
Key players including Apple Inc., Micromax, Xiaomi and Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. have consolidated the global market. The strong bone implant product portfolio and significant expenditure in research and development to introduce technologically sophisticated implants are credited with these companies dominance. Moreover, the rise in domestic market players focusing on developing customized implants is focusing on providing competitive pricing, which is further estimated to cater to the increasing demand among developing markets across the globe.
• In October 2022, Vivo released the Vivo Pad.
• In October 2022, Xiaomi released the Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 Pro 12.4 Pad.
• In September 2022, Samsung released the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.5.
• In February 2022, The Legion Y700, which was released by Lenovo in China, has an 8.8-inch LCD display with a resolution of 2560 x 1600 pixels. It has a refresh rate of 120Hz and a touch sampling rate of 240Hz. The screen also has a DCI-P3 colour gamut. The tablet comes equipped with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 processor, 12GB of RAM, and 256GB of internal storage. The tablet is also powered by a 6550mAh battery with 45W rapid charging capabilities.
• In February 2022, Huawei has introduced a new line of HUAWEI MatePad products, the HUAWEI MatePad Paper, for immersive reading and light office experiences.
• In September 2021, Canva, a popular graphic design app, has teamed up with HUAWEI AppGallery to preload its app on the new HUAWEI MatePad Series, which is built for creativity.
• In September 2021, the 11-inch Tablet PC is HPs most recent mobile release. The tablet was released on September 22, 2021. The tablet has an 11.00-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 2,160 by 1,440 pixels and is powered by a quad-core Intel Pentium Silver N6000 CPU.
• In September 2021, Microsoft released The Surface Go 3. The tablet has a 10.50-inch touchscreen display with a 1920x1280 pixel resolution. The Microsoft Surface Go 3 is equipped with 8GB RAM and a dual-core Intel Pentium Gold 6500Y processor. The tablet has a 128GB internal storage capacity that can be increased with a microSD card.
• In May 2021, Panasonic unveiled the TOUGHBOOK S1 tablet, with 7-inch screen device that is easy to operate with one hand, versatile for a variety of tasks, and powerful enough to handle the busiest shift. It is most effective when it is in the hands of security and police forces patrolling the streets, technicians monitoring production lines, field services engineers performing inspections, and maintenance or construction employees on the job site.
Years considered for this report
• Historical Years: 2019-2021
• Base Year: 2021
• Forecast Period: 2022-2032
Tablet Market Research Report Analysis Highlights
• Historical data available (as per request)
• Estimation/ projections/ forecast for revenue and unit sales (2022 - 2032)
• Data breakdown for application Industries (2022 - 2032)
• Integration and collaboration analysis of companies
• Capacity analysis with application sector breakdown
• Business trend and expansion analysis
• Import and export analysis
• Competition analysis/market share
• Supply chain analysis
• Client list and case studies
• Market entry strategies adopted by emerging companies
Industry Segmentation and Revenue Breakdown
Product Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 - 2032)
• Detachable Tablet
• Slate Tablet
Screen Size Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 - 2032)
• Below 8”
• 8” and above
Operating System Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 - 2032)
Application Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 - 2032)
Region Type Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 - 2032)
• North America (United States, Mexico, and Canada)
• Latin America (Brazil & Mexico)
• Europe (Germany, United Kingdom, France, Italy, Spain, Russia, Netherlands, and others)
• Middle East & Africa
• Asia Pacific (China, India, South Korea, Indonesia, Australia, Vietnam, and others)
• Acer Inc.
• Apple Inc.
• AsusTek Computer Inc.
• Dell Technologies Inc.
• Hewlett-Packard Company
• Lenovo Group Limited
• Microsoft Corporation
• Nokia Corporation
• Panasonic Holdings Corporation
• Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
• Xiaomi Corporation.
• Toshiba Corporation
Available Versions of Tablet Market Report:
United States Tablet Market Research Report
Europe Tablet Market Research Report
Asia Pacific Tablet Market Research Report
India Tablet Market Research Report
• Customization can be done in the existing research scope to cater to your specific requirements without any extra charges* (terms and conditions apply).
• Send us a query to get the Table of Contents and Research Scope along with the research proposal.
Fill out the sample request form OR reach out directly to David Correa at his email: -
Please fill in the form below to Request for free Sample Report
Office Hours Mon - Sat 10:00 - 16:00
Send Us Mail email@example.com
© 2018 Market Decipher. All Rights Reserved